or Connect

Posts by TimeForMaine

We're planning our first UC this September and I could not be more excited. Our first was an unmedicated hospital birth with a CNM (yeh, that was super wonderful- sarcasm) and the second was a planned homebirth turned ER trip (turned out not to be an emergency, but when the MW said "go now," we did). I so wish I could tell everyone we are planning to birth this babe just how we want! Well, anyway, I'm excited! And we planted our second placenta today. Somehow we manage...
My water broke 3 days before our last babe was born, and I too had no contractions. (Personally, I think it broke because I was nice and loose from the chiropractor earlier that day.) I checked my temp often, listened to hearttones, and stayed home with no internals. Everything was fine but I decided to drink castor oil after the 3 days. Guess my body was ready because contractions started 2 hrs after that first sip, and she was born less than 6 hrs after the first...
About the moldiness that happens regardless of what you do to keep them clean, I found that soaking them in a bowl of hydrogen peroxide and water for a while, then drawing the solution in & squirting it back out a dozen times, cleans out all of that black sliminess. Been doing this with the same toys for 3 yrs running. Thought I'd share :) 
Soooo, this is awesome! I am the best at choosing projects (and purchasing fabric) and then I get sidetracked with another project... oh! squirrel! I am all in- But in no particular order as sometimes I can work on things when the toddlers are napping, other times I have to squeeze it into the 2 hrs I have between bedtime and when the little one cries for boom. More when I think of them!   Finally finish the celestial quilt I started more than 3 yrs ago Tackle...