or Connect

Posts by eknuckles

Glad everything turned out well!! Congrats on your little one!!! I also definitely think your c-section was necessary. I'm glad your breastfeeding also is going well!
Hi! I had a UC at the end of 2011. I'm in palm beach county Florida. You really shouldn't let them stress you at all. Seriously, either ignore them or tell them mind their own business. Or be honest and tell them you're UCing, but that's being too nice. As you already know I'm sure, it is not against the law to UC. You do not need to give them any further information. I personally have a midwife who supports my decision to UC. Call around and be upfront with your...
I just want to add that I checked the link provided, which speaks about Lauren Shanley changing her story. She herself wrote a reply in the comment section so I feel it's only fair to post it here: I have no interest in debating the merits or safety of unassisted childbirth. I have made my thoughts clear on my web site and in my book. It was a personal choice, and you are free to disagree with me. But briefly I will say that I changed my story for two reasons. I was...
I agree and if you feel like screaming go for it lol. I just meant screaming (like your being hacked to death) doesn't usually help, you actually tense that way. Moaning (which is a deeper pitch) helps relax and allow you to open. But really its all relative to you and what you like.
If there was anyone I would feel comfortable delivering my child as a midwife, it would be my mom. She is extremely intelligent, has had five home births, attended other friends births, and would he awesome help. She lives far away so I just had a UC with my husband and myself. I say go for it!!!! Obviously your instincts (and hers) are telling you to do it! You could always rent a hotel room close to the other hospital and give birth there. Screaming isnt nessessary in...
I agree with this. Birth can be painful whether scared or not. I do believe being frightened (among other things) can still be a cause of pain. Just doesn't mean it was.
My labor was 8 hours (with my only lo) long and was virtually painless. It was extremely intense..I could not speak hardly but I honestly wouldnt call it painful. Ive had worse stomach aches and period cramps. When the urge to push took over it was intense, but in a different way. I was just scared I was going to rip myself where the sun dont shine lol. I had a tiny cut when her head came out (up the labia minora) that actually did hurt. I believe first of all it didnt...
Congratulations! Wonderful birth story!! This is just another confirmation that it IS normal to go past forty weeks. I also loved how helpful your husband was. Mine helped out a lot too, the biggest thing also being to reassure me and cleaning up. Have fun with your precious LO!
Just wanted to give an update for future mamas! My Dd is now almost 15 months (in 9 days) and is using the toilet most of the time!! First off we have a beco potty which is awesome, great size for ecing and is compostable when done!! She was refusing the potty when we started at 11 months. I didnt think she would have a potty strike from day 1, but she did. She just wanted to be independent!! I stopped offering it to her all the time and worked her back into using it in...