or Connect

Posts by SpiderMonkey

I'm right there with some of you on the weight issue!  I had been teetering around 200 during the summer when I became pregnant. Now at my last weigh in, I was 221, and probably up 5 lbs since then.  BUT I do eat a moderately healthy diet, and am becoming more active again (my activity dropped off the face of the earth for 2.5 months when i was feeling nausiated!) My midwives are in agreeance too that if you are eating well and still somewhat active, weight gain isnt so...
Ah I second that!!! Well I'm not in WI, we're in AK and I'm loving being pregnant during this time of year. I wonder if perhaps there needs to be some kind of 'sweat pants club?'  The only downfall is that they track an awful lot of snow!  Ack, speaking of, show shoveling duty calls....  
Hmmn, well I certainly didnt mean to post the 'least inflammatory" one, it's just that everything went downhill soooo fast... (That's part of my problem, I can't keep up with responding to multiple people all at once, you know? When after a day I come back to 10 pissed off women and numerous private hate mail, it makes it hard to keep the conversation on the right track)    And no, I don't think that you can only have a 'natural' pregnancy out of a hospital. I was...
Seriously, my hips have been bothering me big time lately.  Snowshoeing has been really tricky getting the movement right, and after being out in snow shoes for a wahile today to clear the trail to the lake, but right hip and leg are DRIVING ME NUTTS!    Does anyone have any good stretches or yoga poses that have helped them? Please share!
Yeah, apparently! It's almost a joke to me now..My words are sooooo twisted at this point that there is noooo resemblance to what these ladies are talking about now... But I just kind of kept plodding along, making straigh tforward argument as to why I wasnt attacking anyone personally, and that I meant no harm etc Now they've resulted to insulting my inability to proof read. Pointed out EVERY misspelling and typo and to make fun of. The second the first person did that,...
Anyone else been thinking about this crazy world we're getting ready to give birth in. (Or TO dependiing on how you look at it!)   There is just soooo much stuff that I don't want my children exposed to. For instance we are seriously considering homeschooling because both hubby and I feel that our educational system is shot.  I honestly think he would come from from school and we'de end up teaching him what ACTUALLY happened when Christopher Columbus said the ocean...
OMG thank you ladies sooooo much! I actually just caught myself breathing a huge sigh of relief! Normally I wouldnt be phased, but with all the extra hormones, not to mention I'm in a SMALL cabin, in the middle of Alaska, in the middle of winter, but myself.... Off grid... haha (I can hear the generator pumping away while I use the internet) I just tend to have WAY more time to question myself during 'cabin fever season.'   Wendy, I have the feeling you and I would...
I'm due april 5th with a boy!
Helloooooo Ladies!
Ooops!! Haha, all that ranting and I never posted the link! Here it is,   http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2456005-ina-gaskin-natural-vrs-home-birth.html#post25269838   "So this is ALL so new to me, but I'm trying to soak up every bit of knowledge I can! When I first found out I was pregnant I immedietly started looking into what my 'options' are. It didnt take me long to decide that I am a healthy women, with a healthy body capable of...