or Connect

Posts by ctflener

In response to the last two posts:   I guess I just came to the wrong place to seek common sense, understanding advice.   I know there are a few people on here who can understand my frustration (as they have already commented as such previously in the thread).  My sole goal has been to see my daughter.  I have tried.  I don't have an attorney, and cannot afford one simply because the retainer to get started is too high.  I can't magically make the money appear....
Considering you do not know my situation, you are in no position to tell me that anything I have done, am doing, or will do is "stupid".   To raise a child does cost money, but it costs less to raise a child in a smaller town/city than in a metro area...those are the facts, sorry if you don't like them.  I never once said anything about medical expenses, childcare, etc. would not be a part of the computation of support...they should be...but it would still cost less in a...
I just wanted to point out an obvious fact here.  These women are CHOOSING to be with those types of guys.   Yes, sometimes men and women have sex without being married (I actually think marriage sanctioned by the government is ridiculous...but that's another thread).  Yes, sometimes a child is conceived.   BOTH man and woman CHOSE to have sex...they both made a choice that could have consequences.  However, the CHOICES for women continue, while the CHOICES for men do...
I've read through these posts, and some of it is good info and some of it makes me laugh out loud.   First, for those who have been saying there is NO double-standard, you should understand first what a double-standard means:   : a set of principles that applies differently and usually more rigorously to one group of people or circumstances than to another   In this case, what is being described is, without a doubt, a double standard.  Someone stated that...