or Connect

Posts by h34rt0f4d0pti0n

Thanks!  I love her bunches and would like to see her relax some more, and I find it hard to believe after almost 2 years we still haven't seen anything but very mild improvements followed by regressions.    What were you thinking in lines of more testing for her speech?    BTW Thank you for all the resources!  We've read some Heather Forbes books and B. Brian Post's Behavior Breakdown, etc, which have been very helpful!    So I don't mean to sound like we're...
 (Some info deleted for personal reasons)   There are mental health concerns on both maternal & paternal sides, and every doctor we've been to thus far thinks her behavior is far from "normal" and want to label her as "defiant", explaining it as "she just has an angry personality".  To me, I don't accept this.  She's obviously got some traits that were "inherited" through poor genetics, sure... but we were in hopes that with proper parenting and environmental...
Interested in what your thoughts might be to help a toddler with severe aggression issues.  My DD has an extreme inability to regulate her emotions, especially anger.  She has no words, and has displayed this sort of extreme crying fits since she was a mere 6 weeks old (or longer).  Any "programs" or simple advice you may have to help us teach her to manage her feelings?
For my neices and nephews I sewed red & green pajama pants, paired with a white t-shirt with the initial of their first name on them.  For my boys I crocheted them each a teddy bear & making them a "manly" change wallet that zips at the top and folds just like a bi-fold wallet, made of black [fake] leather.  For my daughter, I crocheted her a doll.  Then for the adults in our family I made them a "family tree" with sticks, silk leaves & pictures of their grandkids (or...