or Connect

Posts by mammifera

I don't know - My little one is also 8 months and 20+ pounds, and I use the Maya Ring Sling - She faces forwards in the kangaroo pouch sort of way and I don't have any problems as of yet. The sling distributes weight across my back all right. Could be that I'm just used to her weight by now, but I love taking walks with her and seeing how excited she gets to be outside - she jumps in the pouch and all! Good luck to you though, soon they'll be walking!  
I used a ring sling for my first daughter back in 2004. I used it when she was an older baby, about 3 months old. She loved it. Instead of sitting in it she would basically stand inside like a baby kangaroo. I am now using one for my 6 month old. Strangely I didn't have it right when she was born, (I used a Moby, which was quite cumbersome but great for the newborn experience). After DD was too big for the Moby, meaning the Moby was too hot, I didn't have any other way...
My DD who is turning 8 had only the first jab at two months old. (I was in a foreign country and everyone was scaring me into vaccinating her, which I regretted immediately - I felt sick to my stomach for days, just a gut feeling that I did something wrong). I can't remember how immediate it was I'm just saying around four or five months of age - I'd have to go back and look at her pictures -  when we returned to America (DD was 2 1/2 months old) she got eczema all...
I know this post comes a bit late but I just found out about BLW and find it incredible. My DD is now 5 months old and has been showing a keen interest in eating solid foods. Rather than listen to her scream and fidget at the dinner table, I would just share the foods that I was eating be it steak, bread, or lentils. All this started when she was four months old, sitting up straight with a pincer grasp. I would feel so guilty for giving her food that wasn't pureed, but I...