or Connect

Posts by Emilymum

Hi Everyone.   Quick update at promised.     DSS arrived last Sunday, having travelled for 16 hours, me and his Dad had been up all night making sure he was OK, chatting on the phone whilst he was at the airports etc and the moment he ran into his Dad's arms in the arrivals lounge was a moment I will never ever forget.  13 years disintegrated in seconds, by the time we were all in the car he was chatting to our daughters like he had been around forever.  Over the...
Well it looks like my leap into the unknown is happening sooner than any of us expected....!   Over the last week, thanks to my MIL, contact between us and dss is now out in the open.     Over the past few days things have really come to a head between dss and his mother, after many painful conversations where he finally told his dad and his grandma all the problems he has had for the last 5 years, (social services being called in after his mothers boyfriend beat...
IMHO it's a matter of what feels right to you as a person and as a mum.  My two DD's are 9 & 11, they have a shower every other day and wash and condition their hair each time.  They wash faces, hands and other bits in between.  That said, this is winter.  We live in Greece, so it is perfectly normal to have as many as 4 showers a day in summer.... it reaches 45 degrees celcius and they are in and out of the sea and the pool so we factor in removing salt and chlorine.....
Thank You for your kind words.  I'm just going to try and help him be a part of the family.  I will make sure I come back regularly and give you an update on how things are going. This is a great forum and a big help    E xx
Thank you, thank you, thank you ladies for all your replies.   Just to touch on a few points... The idea of a few visits before we go for full on moving in just isn't an option - we live in different countries!  We are in mainland Europe, he is in the UK.  Apart from the financial constrictions, we cant just pop down the road - it's 2000 miles and 2 flights!!! Whilst it is a situation I would have preferred, it isn't possible.   To clarify re: the ex wife.  She...
Hi,   This is my first post, I have read through so many other posts on here but cant find anything that reflects my situation so I'm going to have to ask directly.  I'm not sure about these abbreviations so if I get some wrong - apologies!!   My hubby (dh?) and I have been married nearly 13 years, when we first met he told me he had a son, and 3 months previously there had been a big row with his ex wife and he wasnt having any contact with him at the time. (his...