or Connect

Posts by LeAnn A Doula

Lol, Newmum! Sounds like you have a great plan. You can try pressure point massage while you're at it. There's a spot about 2 fingers up at the back of your ankle. It will probably be tender, even painful if you are close. Have DH give you a calf and foot massage and apply pressure to that spot. It can help kick start labor, esp if you've been having light contractions for a while. But, yes, like any other natural option, it's only effective if your body and baby are...
eleuthia - So glad you're home and feeling better! I hope the worst is over for you w the kidney stone. Sending healthy, happy vibes to you and baby!   Lily - Yay for productive contractions! Even if birth is still days away, its pretty amazing to know you've taken your first steps down the path. :) I still can't imagine what that day is going to feel like.   The unpacking continues here, so do the BH. I may need to be more careful but it seems like every time I...
Boots - I love the nursery pics! The children's books look great on display.   I'm jealous of all the awesome nurseries, too. I'm using mine as motivation to get the rest of the house unpacked and organized, sort of save the best for last. I just have so many projects I want to do for the nursery, most of them will have to happen after baby is here which will be an interesting challenge. :) Can I sand a dresser w my baby in a wrap..?
Good luck JustChanti! Thinking of you and your family.
Lol! This is awesome! I'm stringing mine soon, now that I have my crafty stuff and can get at my silk thread. I agree w Newmum, I would love to see the necklaces. I'll post a pic of mine as soon as I get it done. I'm thinking of making a bracelet so I can see it during my labor.
Yay, Lily! So glad that babe is cooperating!   Hugs to you, ithappened! I'm so glad you're recovering well. I hope you can settle into a nice routine soon, even though your sitter has poor timing. :/ Take good care of yourself and don't be afraid to demand help. <3   Sorry for the looong/repeat posts!
Hello ladies! Wow, I can't believe how long 2 weeks can feel when life is changing every day.   I hope you get good news today, Lily. Sometimes babies just like to play stump the doc. :) LO might just be really low and turned a bit. Fingers crossed for you! So exciting to hear about the interest in your manuscript. I hope the editing is going well and flying by.   It sounds like everyone is doing great and looking forward to meeting LO soon. I can't believe we're...
Ithappened - Your babies are beautiful! So happy for you! I hope the delivery went smoothly. Sending lots of love to your family.   Hi everyone! I know I've been pretty quiet through this move. Just wanted to pop in for an update. We found an apartment and are prepping to move in the next week, which is a huge relief. I got checked in at the hospital where I'll be delivering on Langley AFB and we meet with my new MW tomorrow. She has a great rep for being very...
I'm definitely feeling you on the decision making and the emotions! I feel like I'm constantly on the verge of breaking into tears. And navigating while we drive around checking out houses is torture! DH likes to just drive around until I pull up directions rather than just park and wait until we know where we're going (read:impatient), which results in us driving in circles from time to time. Grrrr... On the spot directions are not my forte, esp w this baby consuming...
You all look amazing!   Penny - Yay for bikini time! I love the suit, so cute! Sarah - I am SO envious of your bike! I want one like it. :) Lily - Amazing! How did you start lifting? I've done more dynamic movement w weights but could never really get into olympic weight lifting. (Is that what it's called?) Ithappened - Wow, mama! You look great. And I have to second Lily's comment, still so active w 2 healthy term babies in there. You rock! Ninetales - Your...