or Connect

Posts by MomInTheMitten

So. I've been developing this theory for a while now and wonder if anyone can add to it. Do the noises mom makes during labor influence the noises her baby (will eventually) make? My labor with DS2 began gradually and built slowly. I was well rested, and felt strong and controlled throughout. Once my contractions began to require more focus, I began to hum through them, letting the sound really resonate in my skull. DS2 is a hummer and seems to do it to calm himself and...
Thanks! Good to know Rubelin! Seraf, she woke up crying last night, cried through the pee and after until I nursed her back to sleep. Her cry was unusually high pitched, which, in my groggy state, made me think connect her pattern of potty-cue high-pitched yells to pain even though I never suspected that previously. She woke up this morning just a teeny bit wet, peed on the potty for me, and then wet a diaper without much fuss. I'm going to call her ok, unless anyone has...
My 4 month old and I have been kind of part time/informally EC for the past month. She usually pees upon waking and then I'm able to catch a few additional pees during waking hours. Over the last two weeks she's developed kind of a high pitched shout that to me signals that she needs to pee. To my ear, it is not quite a cry. Tonight she woke up from her usual deep beginning-of-the-night sleep with an urgent high-pitched cry. Her diaper was dry so I tried her on the potty...
Linda- This is the best solution for our family. Your assessment was sensible and empowering. You have a gift. You have given me a gift. Thank you!
Thanks for the thoughtful replies, Mamas. I'm glad there's not a consensus that one or more of the options is totally rediculous. I'll post again when we figure out our deal.
My family is building a new home about twenty miles from our current location. When we signed on to the project, the home was expected to be completed this September. As it turns out, the home will likely not be move-in ready until January. DS1 is will be entering kindergarten this year. I am a SAHM and also have DS2 who will be three in October (attending two-morning co-op preschool near current home for the year) and DD who is now 3 months old. Please help me evaluate...
Maybe the program isn't the right fit (although I've seen many of my two sons' preschool classmates go through a short rough patch a few weeks after a seemingly smooth start). I wonder if there is a program in your area more centered around play? I know that your post was about an issue far deeper than writing anxiety but I'm going to pick up on it to illustrate my point. My ODS was very resistant to writing at home and at school until just before his fifth birthday. I...
DS is 5.5 years old and is trending toward a drop off of the growth curve. His ped is recommending a recheck in six months, but of course, I'd like to get my thoughts in order and possibly take action before then. My instincts have been telling me, almost since his birth, that I haven't been giving him all of the help he needs to thrive. My questions are, do his symptoms sound like Celiac, something endocrine or something I have not thought of and where should I go from...
DS is 5.5 years old and is trending toward a drop off of the growth curve. His ped is recommending a recheck in six months, but of course, I'd like to get my thoughts in order and possibly take action before then. My instincts have been telling me, almost since his birth, that I haven't been giving him all of the help he needs to thrive. My questions are, do his symptoms sound like Celiac, something endocrine or something I have not thought of and where should I go from...
That sounds wonderful, I'll have to try it. When I saw your ingredient list, your cherries caught my eye. Cherries and almonds are so good together, I'll bet an almond milk-cherry-(greens)-oat smoothie would taste like a pie or crisp. Crazy how the spinach just disappears into the other flavors and textures, isn't it?