or Connect

Posts by cdiorns

Thank you both for the feedback, I appreciate the quick response! I will try again without locking the seatbelt and see if she can buckle it. Mama2soren, I bought a backless because it was so inexpensive and thought it would be fine. But when I put it in the car and she sat in it, it did not feel right, she seemed so unprotected. So I decided to keep her in the frontier, but convert it to booster mode (we had been using it in harness mode). If she still can't buckle it...
Hello, I have been wanting to switch my almost 6 year old to a booster from a harness seat. We have the Britax Frontier 85 and I was planning to get her a backless booster and put her brother into the Frontier.  I purchased the $13 one from walmart that had fabulous reviews from consumer reports. It fits across her lap and chest perfectly but I was a little too freaked out to go from a harness to such a little thing. So, I decided to keep her brother in his seat for a...
Wow, there is great information here, thank you for taking the time to respond. I will be unpacking this post piece by piece, you can be sure. Just to throw another coal on the fire...the ped told me today that his blood results actually seem to indicate thalassemia and not iron deficiency anemia, although his iron is low too. She really does not seem concerned and is content to supplement with iron for three months and then retest. I want to take her cue and relax, but I...
Oh! I forgot to also add that he was treated for torticollis between 5-6 months. I also read that Sandifers and GERD can be caused by a hiatal hernia. Is that something that a pediatrician could see or feel upon examination? Thank you!
Hello. Thank you for taking the time to respond to questions. I will try to be brief and succinct. My 20 month old son has been having a variety of health issues and my mothers intuition says something is going on under the surface to cause these things. He was exclusively breastfed until 7 months old and is still nursing frequently throughout the day and night. He was born at 36 weeks at 5 pounds, 10 ounces. He is allergic to oats, milk and pears. He is sensitive,...
Is there any alternative that is similar to floravital but without pear as an ingredient? (or gluten, oats and dairy)   Thank you!
Hello all,   I don't know exactly why I am posting, maybe just needing validation and comforting!   My 4.5 year old just tested positive for a milk allergy on the RAST testing. I have suspected something since birth as she had horrible reflux from the moment of birth and has only slept through the night a handful of times in the past 4.5 years. She gets headaches, tummy aches, 'diaper' rash, breaks out in hives after eating strawberries and watermelon (though...