or Connect

Posts by begoniamama

you may have already had your baby, but I pushed in the tub and his head wasn't coming down much so actually got on the toilet and made a TON of progress. Walked to the side of the bed and pushed standing up. The tub was nice because it kept me warm and calm but i really like pushing with more gravity on my side! 
my 18 month old has been saying 'mac mo mo' for a while now and we just figured it out the other day when he said it while emphatically pointing at a motorcycle! 
i didn't want to read and run but initially i was honestly a little confused! :) now that i've done some math i think the most likely scenario is that you ovulated shortly after you saw the egg white mucus july 10th and could have conceived from sperm from either july 8th intercourse or the 12th intercourse. but if i were to guess, i would say you probably dropped the egg on july 11th or 12th. if you pulled out on the 12th/13th, the sperm was probably waiting around from...
hazel? she's gorgeous!
i could've written your post. 8 month old DS is a handful - and a lot of fun, and very very very determined! we spend a lot of time outdoors for sure, in new places as much as possible too. He also does really well around other kids - when we're with his 18 month old and 5 year old cousins he is in seventh heaven. and then he passes out for two hours! i have a friend whose baby is the complete opposite. when we hang out together he just chiillllls. he is so easy going...
well said ladies. i think it just has to be up to what is right for the parent. i foolishly (not the first time) got into a vaccine debate on a facebook thread. i didnt say what side of the line i lie on, but i couldn't help commenting when a few ladies made comments like mamamunckin mentioned. "why wouldn't you vaccinate, it's so careless not to!" and then one girl made a comment saying "my friend is deaf in one ear because her hippie parents didnt give her...
8 month old DS loves egg yolks. he eats at least an egg a day. the easiest way i've found is to separate the yolk, fry it in coconut oil (in a cast iron pan for extra iron) until it's still kinda soft but not runny at all, and break it into pieces for babe to pick up themselves. i feel really good giving it to him because i know he's getting lots of nutrition from it and because it's protein it keeps him feeling full before sleepy time :)
best thing is just how lovey and snuggly this little boy is. he such a sweet natured guy with a lot of spunk. the spunk is part of what can be hard too, though. :) he is very strong willed and lets me know with a scream or a whine as soon as he needs or wants something. one of the other best things that i did not expect is watching him and DH build this amazing relationship. DH is absolutely and positively smitten beyond belief with this little guy. i thought DH really...
same thing happened with me, i was at a plateau and weight wasn't budging. i figured i would try something that would also benefit baby - i ate only things that had some kind of nutritional value. i did still snack moderately on dessert, but i cut out all refined flours/sugars. i stopped eating bread, crackers, muffins etc and snacked on things like hummus and veggies, sweet potato spears, and ate lots of protein. i saw a drastic and immediate difference. it was like my...
I don't think weight gain has anything to do with baby size. i gained a LOT of weight with DS, didn't weight myself at the end but i would guess it was about 60 pounds. He was born 6.9 pounds. my mom also gained 60 pounds with my sister who was 6.3 pounds and only 30 lbs with me, and i was 7.14 ounces.    even though small babies run in my and DH's family, i was surprised DS was only 6.9. but looking back, even though i gained a lot, i did not have a big appetite at...