or Connect

Posts by Jennifer Mendez

Why homeschool? I would like to homeschool because I semi-homeschooled my daughter prior to kindergarten and she thrived so much on it. I would homeschool because I can make sure that what my child is learning is geared specifically to her needs and aspirations, not the general 5, 6, 7 (etc.) year old. I would homeschool because it keeps families centered and can teach children cooperation, and self discipline in a more "real world" setting. And most of all, I would...
Thank you. I have found a place down here that does it. It says for kids it is $60 for a session of 60 minutes. What do you look for in a good person? Or is it all basically the same?
This was rec'd when our son was an infant, by the IBCLC who helped me with my sons tongue tie. He is 8 months old now. We never did it, but now I'm wondering if we should. She noted some things like sloping on his cheeks, not wanting to turn a certain way, etc.. I notice, too, that when he lays on his back it's semi "C" shaped. Not a lot, but a little. His right shoulder pops, and has since birth. It's still fairly uncomfortable nursing him. I don't know if this is...
Hi everyone, and thanks for all the input. She hasn't asked for it, but has mentioned it maybe flying away, :P. I just said that we've been doing a lot of cleaning and reorganizing lately, so it's probably just lost for now, but we'll surely find it soon, if not when we move. That was enough for her. So she knows it's in the house. I am keeping it. I would never get rid of it. The thought never even crossed my mind. The only thing I'm unsure she is when to introduce...
Exactly what's in this quote. We've tried weaning from it, and only having it at bed time/certain times. I have tried to have her hold on to part of her blanket while I hold her, so that we can talk. It just hasn't worked. Granted, she has always been like me...and all or nothing kind of person, so this makes sense. Thank you for the comments everyone. I feel bad because I know how much she loves her blanket. I have tried this a couple other times. Once after she was...
Thank you for your reply. I was thinking about this after I posted and as we were playing. If she would have gotten very upset, I would have made sure we "found" it. I'm worried that what might happen is what you describe. But, so far, she seems to be doing great. She even got mad earlier at the baby for crying, and when I asked her not to yell at him, she actually stopped, said she was sorry, and finished my sentence when I said, "I know you don't like hearing him...
Awe, it says I'm new...I thought if I logged in with my facebook, it would connect with my other account. I've actually been around awhile.
Please don't hate...     I hid my daughter's blanket. She hasn't slept without blanket since she was like 8 months old, or even earlier, probably, and she is now 4 years 6 months on Saturday. I'm feeling REALLY REALLY REALLY bad about this. But, last night was the 2nd night without it, and so far she has handled it amazingly well. We "looked" for it the first night. Couldn't "find" it, so she settled on one of my scarfs and a little baby lovey soft thing, both which...
there is another thread about the blanket, and things are actually going well :)