or Connect

Posts by BansheeTaco

Does anyone have any experience with Spongiotic Dermatitis? I've been recently diagnosed with this and have patches of it popping up all over. I would prefer to heal it naturally and was wondering if anyone knows of any good natural remedies for it? From what I've read it's basically a form of eczema, so anyone who has any good eczema remedies might help as well. I know I need to figure out the internal causes (i.e. allergies, hormones, stress, etc.), but in the meantime...
LucyLoretta, just thought you might want to give a quick read to the guidelines for this specific forum:   "This forum was created to serve the needs of members who have made the decision not to vaccinate or are seriously exploring making this decision. It is not a place to denigrate or criticize those who do vaccinate."
  I love this statement! So beautifully put!   I hope it's okay that I'm joining this discussion.. I actually had an unmedicated, natural delivery. I have very fond, happy memories of my birth, but I in no way think that it was "a perfect birth". I had 3rd degree tearing, which is far from perfect or ideal in my book, although I still feel very blessed that my delivery was free from any other complications. I do however feel that the most perfect moment in my life was...
I have an Ergo and LOVE using it in the back carry position. I think some of those problems might be solved by the ergo. My DS is 10 months old and pretty long for his age (30") and when he's in the back carry position, the edge of the ergo still only hits him just a little below the neck, so I think it would be hard for his head to fall back 90 degrees if he fell asleep. The edge of the ergo is a bit more rigid than the mei-tai too which would be a little more...
I'm so sorry your birth did not go as you wanted. One of the best bits of wisdom I received from a friend regarding birth was that it's completely okay to celebrate the arrival of your beautiful new baby while also grieving the loss of the birth experience you wanted and prepared for. And the fact that you want so desperately to give your baby the best nourishment possible just proves that you are already a wonderful and loving mother. So be gentle with yourself and know...
Thanks queenofchaos! That's very sweet of you! :)
Thanks for all the great feedback and suggestions everyone! This helps me a lot!    Terraka, that's an interesting idea.. I hadn't thought of doing a mix of diapering and EC. And I definitely do already know some of his cues for poop time, so it sounds really doable. (And I would be happy not to change/wash poopy diapers more than I have to! ;)    
I'm very sorry about your Mom's passing, velochic. We used care.com. I haven't used sittercity, but I'm guessing it's similar. We have found 2 great sitters over the past year on care.com. One nice feature is they pre-screen the people on the site with a basic background check. You can also request a more extensive background check through their site as well. We ended up placing an ad and it was nice to be able to communicate anonymously through their website initially...
Those are great points about movement. Sorry, I didn't intend to scare the OP with my story regarding movement. I was just trying to say it sounded like a positive that hers were both seen moving on the last ultrasound. I hope I didn't add to her fears, my intent was actually the opposite.
Thanks for the great suggestions on diapers and washing everyone!   Cristeen - Cost is not a huge concern, I'm open to fabric type (synthetic or non), I do have my own washer/dryer and I typically use the dryer for most clothing items, but I do line dry a few select things (I think I assumed I would use the dryer for diapers though), Baby will not be in daycare for at least another half a year but may be eventually, and I don't have a solid plan for poo (pardon the...