or Connect

Posts by GoMamaMel

I know all of the reasons why I WANT a natural labor for my third baby. Its all the same reason that I chose natural for my first two babies.  My labors are shorter than most, but insanely intense... I don't feel like I can do it again. This is how i felt during my second pregnancy, as my first labor was EXTREMELY hard, and I hit a major brick wall during transition, but I just took my second labor as it came and made it through without intervention. It was however...
im 23. #3 (in 3 years!!) due in july!
My first was a natural hospital birth. You sound like you have given it a lot of thought and are well prepared with a lot of support, which is awesome.  I agree with what some others have said that driving an hour during the transition phase of labor would have been impossible for me... transition was tough with my first. I too wanted to stay home as long as possible, and in my personal situation there was a balance to getting there with time to settle in. and although...
sorry it has taken me so long to reply. Here is the link to the formula recipe i started with:  http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2009/11/goats-milk-formula-natural-supplementation-for-baby.html I had to adjust the portions to how much my baby eats. the only changes i made are 1) instead of adding a probiotic, i blend in a piece of SCOBY from kombucha brew because i believe it had more beneficial digestible probiotics compared to a powdered form, and also I have it...
I got one period. The next month i found out i was pregnant.  Havent had any luck with milk banks. Because my baby is older than newborn, his priority is low. Im using a goats milk homemade formula recipe i found from lots of research.  We don't do soy, and all commercially made formulas have soy that i have found. I prefer goat's milk to cow's, so its the best i can do with what i have. I am still severely disappointed. 
CROCK POT!!! If you don't have one, get one. They are often cheap at garage sales and thrift stores (where i got mine!).  They are awesome because you can put everything in it before you leave for work, and then when you come home its ready to go. & if you want to plan even more in advance, you can make "freezer meals." I am just starting to get into the habit of doing this and it has made my life SO much easier. In one afternoon, you prepare multiple meals and put them...
Hi there.   I know that many sources say not to have undercooked or raw eggs during pregnancy, but those are also the same sources that warn against raw milk (which is the only kind i would choose to drink.) I'm just wondering if anyone has input, advice, or research based evidence that raw eggs are dangerous to pregnancy.  We have our own chickens that are well taken care of. I mainly am asking because i make my own mayonnaise, which uses raw eggs, and want to know if...
Thanks for your input and sharing your experience. It's nice to hear someone who has been in a similar situation.  I am definitely still in shock.   I am concerned though that my ilk is already drying up. I posted about it on the BFing board, but i've been counting wet diapers and theres not enough. I can barely pump anything, which i know alone isnt a good indication of milk supply, but in addition to the other issues it does give me cause for concern. And also, DS has...
It breaks my heart to think of my supply dropping. He's only 6 months... i wanted to nurse much longer. 
I use 100% cotton, and i prefer a home-decor weight (a bit thicker than quilting cottons). they sell it at any fabric store.  I know that target has flour sack type towels, if i were to embroider on them, i would definitely wash them first and dry them so they can shrink up a bit. I assume that walmart has something like that as well. You can use any towel basically, as long as it isn't terry texture.