or Connect

Posts by LoveOurBabies

I know MDC is not a replacement for therapy (and to be fair I am on a waiting list with my therapist), but I really feel the need to vent. I've had a migraine for 3 days now, no doubt from stress and I need to put a stop to it.   I have a mother, you see, who is kind and loving.. but also a major guilt tripper. To get a better idea of what she's like, here are some examples.   -She once told me that she stayed together with my dad and put up with all his crap so that...
You sound like my mom.  She always harped on about how her best friend's home was messy (according to her standards) and how she wasn't a fit parent (again, according to her standards). Well, her kids turned out great, despite my mom's constant criticism. Your friend not vacuuming behind the couch isn't an atrocity.. Most people surface clean anyway.    Your friend lost her husband to a heart attack four years ago. That may seem like a long time to you, but maybe it just...
Still decluttering over here, but I've been offline for several days now as my computer finally shit itself.   Curlyfry7, well done! Enjoy your vacation!   Surfacing, thank you!    This week I'm tackling family heirlooms (HATE this category but I'm finally getting over my heirloom guilt), a few more papers (where are these buggers coming from?), clothes, clothes and more clothes.
How are you going now OP? we're still chugging along and have another 6-8 weeks till completion. My kids said to me that all they want for christmas is "a normal home" and no toys. Nice. Instead of my children yearning for the latest and greatest, they yearn for a basic, normal need.    I found the hardest thing in this entire ordeal is dealing with a baby who wants to explore. Older kids know not to touch, but a crawling babe or walking toddler just wants to...
  I'm so sorry for the late reply! I wasn't geting any notifications for this thread. I'm in Australia :) and yes, I would love to talk
DH must have sensed my frustration because he walked in the door, took one look at me and said "It's okay, I'll finish them.. just go rest". So now I feel like a major ass for being angry at him.   2242 is the number of papers that have left our house today! Mostly shred, but a few randoms went to recycling. I cannot stand to look at another piece of paper, but I have another box to be finished by tomorrow. I'm going to make myself a lovely milky coffee and carry...
Can you make something out of them? Maybe joining the two of them to make a throw for one of your DC?   Kid stuff is so hard to part with. I can give away a brand new shirt of mine without hesitation, but a ripped and stained tee that belongs to anyone of my DC, I deliberate over. lol. Do you have space to store them? I say keep them if you have the space.. They are the type of items that have the potential to be heirlooms.   -----------------------   OMG...
Today I went through one thousand and two hundred papers and shredded the lot of them!       I have one more box - double the size of this one - to sift through aswell.. will start on that box tonight and finish it tomorrow.   1325 / 2013   Update: 286 papers gone.. with many more to come tomorrow. Once I'm done, our paper system will be very streamlined, decluttered and organized. It should take me another two days as it is a huge box of papers to...
1 cookbook (donated) 1 pack of laminating sheets (donated) 49 out of date manuals and folders were lurking in that box (recycled) 8 random papers (shredded)   ..and there are more papers to go through tomorrow   1025 / 2013 I'm over the half-way mark
Strong is not the word I would use.. there is another 'S' word I can think of.. Jokes aside, I do love having them so close in age to one another. It's hard in those early days and I found the transition from 1 to 2 the hardest overall, so I'm really feeling for you right now! Years later, our first and second children are best friends and cannot live without each other so, in my books, all the crazy (and believe me there was plenty of it) paid off. Our third and...