or Connect

Posts by LoveOurBabies

I didn't know PBK had a room planner! I mucked around with it a bit and I think I've come up with a good solution.. I can keep the normal sized beds and still maintain a sense of privacy and space for each kid. So relieved now to have it all figured out. :)
Thank you everyone for your help!! I think I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board regarding the wardrobes/shelving and colouring to allow for the 3 typical sized beds in the room without looking/feeling squished.
I've thought this over for a couple of days and I've decided that I'm going to go with regular height and regular looking beds. While they're not as practical as fold outs or floor mattresses (which we did for 4 years, many moons ago), asthetically they're much nicer. This might sound really superficial, but we've been living like gypsies for years now and make doing with whatever.. and I really yearn for something homey. I want a nice, normal looking home. All the kids...
They were around the $1000-1200 mark for a king single, which I suppose is expensive.   I still haven't decided how I'm going to arrange the singles It's a decision I'm dreading, but also at the same time we're trying to organize other aspects of our renovation.. so my mind is filled with so many decisions to make in short period. Can't focus on anything anymore :)   Are you looking at getting a wool mattress for yourself or your kids?
You ladies are full of fantastic ideas! Thank you so much :)   skycheattraffic - Those armchair beds look awesome!! Thank you for sharing :)   mamaUK - I'm actually from Aus, so I totally understand what single bed means lol ;) I'm getting three singles for the kids. We currently have all three squished on one king single and it's looking horrific, so we really need to hurry up with their room.   I get my wool mattress from a supplier here in Aus.. I'll have...
Springshowers and Rinap, thank you so much for your ideas! :) I will talk to dh about a fold up bed and see what he thinks (as he will most likely be building it). We do wool mattresses and they are foldable to an extent (like futons), so I will keep that idea in mind.
Awesome lilgreen! Thanks so much for sharing that with us.   Unfortunately I won't be able to do bunks. My 4yo is a dare devil and the least well behaved of the lot and I just know she will leap off and injure herself. I'd rather less space than injury. I also have a one year old who has a no fear attitude similar to his sister.   Love the collapsible desk idea! I could even have one on the wall side of where my eldest's bed would be. It could be her own little...
Three kids (8, 6 and 4 - all same gender) are going to be put together in one small room. The room is 3.5m x 3.6m.   The only usable side of the wall is the 3.5m one - This is where all three bed heads will be. I decided against bunk beds because my 4yo is not a good listener and I just know she will jump off the top bunk when I'm not looking and I can't risk that. I also have a toddler who has no fear of heights. So three twin beds it is...   I don't know what...
Oh. My. God.   No advice, because I am living the exact same nightmare right now. I have *A LOT* of sympathy for you mama. Almost 2 years here as well. I'm drowning in this half finished house crap and literally can't take the thought of anymore stuff or further renovations. I just want to be done already. We're on the tail end of our renovation and I CANNOT wait for it to be over. I'm sorry for my ranting.. I realize I'm no help at all. I'm genuinely surprised to...
It is very hard decision happydog, but eventually we're all going to have to decide one way or another. :)   We chose MMR for the Measles and Rubella components. We decided to do it at age 13 because that's when the "risk ratio" scale for us was tipped. All the other vaccine preventable diseases we came across, were not applicable to our circumstances (whether it was due to lifestyle, location or age of the person in question).