or Connect

Posts by LoveOurBabies

May 1st: Books for DD ($12) May 2nd: Put christmas dresses on layaway ($20) and some much needed jammies and winter pants for the kids ($70) May 3rd: May 4th: May 5th: May 6th: Christmas present for neices.. was half price on sale ($15) May 7th: May 8th: May 9th: May 10th: May 11th: Two Mother's day gifts (for my mom and MIL), 5 new pairs of kid socks, outfit for DD ($50) May 12th:
May 1st: Books for DD ($12) May 2nd: Put christmas dresses on layaway ($20) and some much needed jammies and winter pants for the kids ($70) May 3rd: May 4th: May 5th: May 6th: Christmas present for neices.. was half price on sale ($15) May 7th: May 8th: May 9th: May 10th: May 11th: Two Mother's day gifts (for my mom and MIL), 5 new pairs of kid socks, outfit for DD ($50)    
May 1st: Books for DD ($12) May 2nd: Put christmas dresses on layaway ($20) and some much needed jammies and winter pants for the kids ($70) May 3rd: May 4th: May 5th: May 6th: Christmas present for neices (was half price on sale) $15. May 7th: May 8th: May 9th: May 10th:
  Aha! Good to know that I'm not alone. :) That's a good rating system you have implemented there mama.. makes sense.
I'm in, but today is going to be a failure. I need to buy something for mother's day.. My goal is to NOT spend/purchase more than $200 on non budgeted stuff (so anything other than mortgage, utilities, insurance and groceries) per month.   May 1st: Books for DD ($12) May 2nd: Put christmas dresses on layaway ($20) and some much needed jammies and winter pants for the kids ($70) May 3rd: May 4th: May 5th: May 6th: Christmas present for neices (was half...
I also don't have anything to contribute about bonds, as I've never dealt with them before, but I wanted to chime in with a HUGE thumbs up as well! Well done mama.  
I've been busy shredding over here... Another 250 documents gone. I count each 4 documents as 1 item, so 62 items. That's a few filled to the brim garbage bags full of shredded paper for the animal shelter.   Also, 3 new small pots have been donated to my mama's kitchen. She was very happy to receive those pots!   I've got more clothes to sift through and lots of items awaiting ebay listings. I think I'll easily hit 1000 once they're sold (I am waiting till they...
  I thoroughly enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the poll :) I'm in awe of those mamas who are in the top bracket.
  I'm not surprised. The cost of living here is exhorbitant - Add kids into the mix (which is most of Gen X) and you have trouble. Live in a big city and you've got double trouble. We are taxed left, right and center and have some of the highest prices in the world for day to day goods. We are charged double on average what you would be charged for an item in the US (even though our dollar is worth the same as the USD).   Anyway, I digress. Saving anything in these...