or Connect

Posts by LoveOurBabies

Is there any other place you can put the chair in the mean time? I would remove it from the immediate area for now and re-evaluate at a later date. I hope you get the hand me downs under control soon. 
These last few weeks I've gotten rid of so many random, small, useless items. Mostly trash, but some to donation or recycling. I've lost count of how many things have gone, but I'm going to put it at 30 (it's most likely double that at least). I'm finding myself just speeding through the decluttering and organizing right now as christmas is around the corner and I really want to have this house prepped and in good order for christmas. We've not had a "christmas" at home...
For what it's worth, I'm pretty frugal, but I really dislike MMM's blog. He is too hardcore and I find his assumptions a little rude. I'd hate to have him as my husband!    Your dh sounds like my dh, erigeron. Is he in a high powered position and tends to be looking at the overall picture all day? Mine was and I'll tell you, he was a major failure when it came to the finer points of budgeting and saving $1.00 here and there by doing x, y and z. The trade off seemed...
LOL! Nope not selfish, just efficient :)   How are you going with the little one? If it's any consolation, my kids never took to those swings either! I think the swinging motion freaked them out more than anything. Big sisters are great aren't they? I would put my DD2 down in front of DD1 and run to the bathroom as well. Those days are so crazy!  Now.. If you have a third  DD1 and DD2 will entertain DC3 while you go to the bathroom for longer than 30 seconds. Something...
skycheattraffic, that's really kind of you! I always gave away my baby stuff as soon as they outgrew them too (it was always going to be my "last" baby). :) With the last babe though, I held onto the items for that little bit longer. I think it worked and warded off the pregnancy fairy.    mamaruga, awesome effort at getting 300 items out of the house!   orangemomma, slow and steady wins the race!   springshowers, how are you going love?    I'm going okay here with...
No longer high income  but erigeron, I'm thinking that if you think you'll be better off with full time work, then don't feel bad about wanting it. Physically being there for your little girl isn't the only way to show her you love her.. ensuring her future is secure by being financially sound, is also just as loving. 
 No, it's the first time I hear of her. I'll check it out, every little bit of savings helps. Thanks so much! :) I'm so happy to hear that the debt ceiling has been temporarily raised! What a relief for you guys. In our own news, a lovely lady from a local charity delivered two bags of pantry items today (surprise visit).  I'm not sure how she knew but I believe another volunteer worker might have alerted her to my situation when I went in yesterday. I'm formulating a meal...
 I agree. Mumm, our income reduced drastically because of a sudden and very unexpected job loss. Poor planning had nothing to do with it. DH was doing extremely well, his company just went broke and could no longer afford to hire him and others. You are lucky to have plenty of warning about a loss in income. Not everyone has this privilege. If you're currently on 120k a year and living very, very frugally, you will be able to sock away a good amount (even in a high cost of...
thatgirliknew  Please don't worry about sounding pessimistic.. I'd be pretty anxious right now too. :( P.S I totally didn't take what you said before in the wrong way and yes, I did mean "we" as in my family of 6. :) I agree the consequences would be dire on a wider scale. I know I'd do anything I'd need to do if my children were hungry and I'm sure other parents out there are no different. What a sad situation for the american people right now. Still praying for an 11th...
I don't think satori is trying to be mean. I think what she is saying is that you have the means to make it on this new proposed income, but are unwilling to distinguish between want and need. This is where you'll be headed into trouble. FWIW, I think sports are an "extra" and not a necessity. Doesn't matter if everyone else is doing it and your kids will be the only ones left out, it's still not a necessity. You are essentially teaching your children that by remaining in...