or Connect

Posts by amber3902

I think most fever medicine like Tylenol says if a fever  hasn't broken after 24 hours to see a doctor.   With my first daughter the mistake I made was I wasn't giving her enough medicine so her fever wasn't breaking.  When I took her to the ER they showed me how much to give her.  I felt so terrible!   BTW- If the fever hasn't broken after 24 hours, take her to an urgent care facility, they're cheaper than the ER.
I think at this age it's a little bit too much to expect much bonding to occur.   You can have the 4 year old "help" you with the toddler, but since the baby isn't even walking yet, I don't see how a 4 year old is going to have much interest in her younger brother.  Kids at that age are still very selfish.   You could read to both of them.  Get one of those toddler toys, like the one where you drop balls into the top and it rolls down a slide, ask the 4 year old...
I hope it's okay to post links to the step family boards.   This one -  http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/step/   helped me realize my relationship with my then BF was not going to work because of issues with his son. It's not as active as it used to be   There is another board - Step Talk that is very active with a lot of members.   Sometimes it can turn into a stepkid bashing session, but for the most part you can get good advice on there as...
Yeah, I'm not sure what dress size DD would be.  According to JcP she should be a 18, but according to the size chart on Torrid she's a 14/16.  I guess Mod Cloth may not work for her, but I think there's some stuff on the Torrid website she may like, thanks!   And good idea to check out ebay.  I'll check them out too.  Thanks.  
I just checked out Modcloth and Anthropologie's websites.  Both have very cute dresses, but very expensive.   They do have stuff on clearance though, so I'll have my D14 take a look to see if there's anything she likes.  And I don't mind paying a little bit more if the clothes are going to last.  I have a couple of shirts I bought from New York and Co that are over ten years old, they have not shrunk and the color has not faded.    Does the clothing from...
So my daughter is 14 years old, and 5'5" tall.  She wears a 1X in juniors.   Every summer my dad takes my two girls for a couple of weeks.  He attends church several times a week.  The past couple of years have become a problem for me.  I'm having a hard time finding my D14  age appropriate dresses in her size that she can wear to church.   I used to be able to find stuff for her at Justice, but she's too big for them now. I look in the junior's departments at...
In addition to the suggestions given, I suggest joining a forum for step families to get help on dealing with your SD.   A while back I started dating a man whose son caused a lot of problems in our relationship. A step family forum helped me a lot.  
Thanks for those links.   No, you didn't freak me out.  I think the key is finding a balance, like most things in life.  
OrmEmbar – I do suspect that I have low stomach acid.  Several years ago my doctor prescribed me Nexium for acid reflux, however, I learned that acid reflux medications can actually weaken your stomach’s ability to produce acid.  You do need SOME acid in order to properly digest your food. I began to suspect that my stomach acid was being weaken so much that it was affecting my digestion so I stopped taking it.  It’s been years since I stopped taking Nexium, but I...
Well, this thread started off on the wrong foot, but I think I've gotten some wonderful suggestions.  I think in the past year or so since I've been working and going to school part time I've gotten into some bad habits.  Thanks for the kudos on working and school, it hasn't been easy being a single mom, working full time and going to school part time, I'm very glad it's over with.  In the past I didn't always eat a bunch of junk, for two years I didn't eat fast food of...