or Connect

Posts by amber3902

Seashells - you are wrong that I am concerned about my daughter’s appearance.  I am concerned about her health.  I wouldn't be so concerned if her weight was evenly distributed over her body, but her weight is concentrated in her belly.  Belly fat is not good because it’s concentrated around the organs in the abdomen and can lead to diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure.   The only reason I keep talking about my weight is to explain that my eating habits...
Imakcerka – I am not your mother, my daughter is not you.  Please stop thinking that I’m telling my daughter this or that.  Like Queen said, I'm on here to looking for help.   Think about it, if I wanted to make my daughter her feel bad about herself I wouldn't even bother posting on here looking for advice on how to help her.    I used an online weight calculator just now and this is what they said:           Thanks, Queen for your suggestions.  I’m going to stop buying...
What do I want?  Suggestions for healthy snacks which a couple of posters gave.   I'm not cranky.  I just wanted to respond to your comments that I "don't need to watch her every move" and I shouldn't be "breathing down her neck" about my daughter's weight.  I wanted to clarify that is not what I'm doing.
You really shouldn't jump to the conclusion that I am "breathing down her neck" over her weight.  Like I said before, I KNOW what it's like being teased about your weight, I love my daughter and would NEVER try to make her feel bad about her size.   The reason I know her measurements is because when you order clothes online you need them in order to figure out what size to order. It's hard to find age appropriate clothes for her in her size so I have to order a lot...
  Trust me, I've received MORE than my fair share of judgments from women who assume since I am skinny I must strave myself.  I was constantly teased in school because I was so skinny.  I KNOW not to make my daughter feel bad about her weight.  I don't like it when people make comments about my weight so I would never do that to her.   My daughter is a beautiful, smart young lady.  She isn't fat, but she isn't skinny either.  The problem is all of her weight goes straight...
Thanks for the replies.  I'll see if I can find some kind of activity she can get involved in.  The problem is she is always hungry.  I used to let her eat yogurt, but she'd eat three of them and still be hungry.   What are empty/simple carbs?  I've never had to watch anything I eat so this is all so hard to understand.   Any suggestions for healthy snacks?
My daughter is 14 years old.  She is 5'5", 147 pounds.  I am concerned about her weight.  I looked at some online charts and for her height and weight she should be between 105 and 125 lbs.  While she is only a few pounds over weight, I don't want to wait until it's out of control before doing something about it.   I feel I'm at a disadvantage to help my daughter because I've never had a weight problem and have never had to watch what I eat.  I'm 5'4" and weigh 110...
Thanks for your response.   Yes, I am in South Carolina.  The reason I asked the school to evaluate her was because it is free.  I am a single mother and after bills there is little left to pay for an evaluation.  I'm still paying medical bills I've accumulated.   I do have health insurance but they only provide services for children who are diagnosed with autism before the age of 8.  I did contact MUSC (Charleston, SC) but they said they have suspended referrals...
Thanks for the welcome.   Yes, once I posted on this forum the option to submit a thread on the other forum became available. I guess you have to post in here first before you can post on the other places.   Thanks!
I have been trying to find out what is wrong with my daughter so I can get her some help.  She is 13 years old.  She always gets A’s and B’s and she’s very responsible when it comes to doing her homework. She has gotten awards twice this year for having the highest grade average in math for her entire grade level.  Sometimes she is very smart but sometimes she says things that make me wonder what is wrong with her.   The main thing she does that happens several times...