or Connect

Posts by ChristmasLover

SusanMary, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.  I  wanted to tell you about an eye-opening book I read called Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye.  It is available on google books for free.  It's written by an expert in preventative dentistry who basically proves how great xylitol is for the teeth.  It can even remineralize them, according to her.  She has a website at:  www.drellie.com   I have a rinse that contains both flouride and xylitol from the company Tom's of...
He is almost 2.  Thank you so much-- this actually gives me a lot of clarity on what try first. You've given me the idea to tell him that "Momma's sick"(what he would understand) when we lie down.  Maybe he'll understand then why I can't walk him and not resist so much.  
I was happy to read this.  For years,  I have worried that I needed to "do" something to my boys to clean them but could never stand the thoughts od retracting them.   My momma instincts to leave their private parts alone were correct...
AP Mommas,  I need help.  I have been walking my toddler to sleep his entire life.  We also co-sleep and lately he wakes up about every hour unable to put himself back to sleep without my help.  How do I get a toddler to fall asleep on his own (right beside me, of course-- no way am I leaving him -- once I left him with his dad at bedtime, and he absolutely FREAKED).     When I have tried teaching him to self-soothe in the past, here are the problems I have...
I have read extensively about this issue and I think that it's probably not breastfeeding that causes decay, but it is the child sleeping WHILE latched on.  However, I think it's *possible* that bfing at night causes decay just because I have seen so many posts from bfing moms who have kids with decay.  One possible solution for moms who want to keep breastfeeding at night is to go over the teeth with xylitol wipes after feeding.  Or  you could keep the xylitol...
Bentlaj11, I recently read a book called Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye (on google books for free) and the book claims that xylitol can remineralize teeth. You can get xylitol lollipops, candy, drink mix, and toothpaste. Just thought you'd like to know that...
My son has been taking bubble baths for 7 years without any problems.  I take them also with no problems.  I don't really think they cause UTIs based on my experiences.
My dentist always sends people to the endodontist for root canals. I am very scared of dentists who try to do root canals without the highly specialized euipment of the endo. I would try another endo just to get their opinion...
Thinking back to a time I had oral surgery...  they used laughing gas first before doing the general anesthesia.  From the child's perspective, it shouldn't be painful (just sore afterwards).  It will probably be more painful for you.  :(  Please keep us updated. 
So sorry for you... you must be so stressed! I can only tell you that porcelain is very strong. I"ve had porcelain caps in my mouth for 23 years! General anesthesia sounds a little drastic-- dentists around me use laughing gas. When I was 6, I had root canals and caps put on my teeth after having had laughing gas and I don't remember it being a big deal to me. I don't remember any pain at all. Hope this helps.