or Connect

Posts by ChristmasLover

Also at 3, children can really enjoy full-time preschool. My son asked to go to school at that age, and the first day he ran in and never even looked back to tell me goodbye! So in just 8 months, you will probably be able to get him into a preschool setting, take some stress out of your life, and give him something he enjoys doing as well. You're almost there!
2 years old was MUCH harder than 3 years old! It only gets EASIER!!!! You've made it through the hardest part, girlfriend! Pat yourself on the back. -A mom of 3
I'm right there with ya...  my toddler needs me all of the time as well.  Very normal for attachment parented toddlers because their attachment is so strong!  Is it possible for you to get him to sleep in your backpack and then put him down for a nap? That's what I do.   Dr. Sears says that sometime around 18 months, toddlers will start becoming more independent, so you don't have that much longer to wait.  (I tell this myself every day!).  I'm lucky, I have a teenager--...
This is happening with my toddler as well.  This is typical behavior for attachment parented children.  In about 6-12 months, Daddy will become her favorite!  Trust me, I'm on my 3rd child...  It will turn around!
Since you are getting help, I will now get philosophical on you and recommend the book The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.  Study it, highlight it, keep it close by you for when you are having a bad moment.  Since many of your fears are of the future, maybe this book can help change your focus to the blessing of the present moment with your wonderful child.  This book can absolutely take away my anxiety and ocd...   Two other books that are absolutely life changing are...
First of all, know that anxiety is very common.  Do you have the urge to run away by yourself or to take the kids and run away from your dh?   Childbirth can bring on terrible anxiety in a lot of women, and many of them really need zoloft or some other chemical help.  Psychologists are also very helpful, but not everyone can afford to go to them.  I know countless numbers of moms who need an anti-anxiety pill to have a normal life.  Please try this before running out...
-finger painting -playdoh -nature walks -let them make holiday decorations/ornaments with glitter and glue -make cookies or a loaf of homemade bread
This is happening with my 15 month old right now...  Almost exactly the same schedule!  I co-sleep, but if I try to ignore him at 4 am without rocking him, he just gets really upset and wakes up for the day.  I just get up and rock him...
I feel bad for you, but I do think you're doing the right thing by providing night nutrition to such a small baby.  She obviously still needs your milk.  Good job, Mom-- most wouldn't be so selfless in this society.  I would, however, try to find solids that she will eat.  Get her eating more solid food, and I think she'll naturally sleep longer at night.     PS-- What are her allergies?  Maybe I can help come up with some solid food ideas.  
I hear ya-- everywhere I go, moms are SO different from me.  Sleep is the big thing I feel so different about-- the whole world seems to believe in cry-it-out.  A pediatrician practically told me I HAD to let my son cry it out at the 2 month visit!!  I couldn't even believe it.  I have just taken my 6 year old out of school to homeschool, and I know this decision will even further isolate us from the world.   Most of my neighbors actually recommended Babywise to me....