or Connect

Posts by tennisstar

Thank everyone for the responses. When I read the first responses, I felt awful and regretted even writing on this forum. But the last few were so helpful, kind, and empathetic. I had a huge talk with my husband last night and told him exactly how I felt. It went so so good and he was so awesome about the whole thing. I've just been thinking about it so much these last few days. When I first met his little guy a couple years ago, I remember how easy it was. We got on...
"I think that who you probably stumbled across are people who are in your stepson's posiition and  have stepmothers and half/step siblings, or who are in your husband's position rather than in your situation.    Can you see how hearing your explanation could make them think of themselves in yoru stepson's shoes?   I think your thought of getting counselling about this is probably a very good one -- and I reiterate my previous comment about trying to conceive.  I feel...
"Maybe you aren't "abusive" but dreading the thought of him living with you is pretty mean and not wanting your children to look like someone who isn't your child is frankly, repulsive.   You aren't "used to" blended families. Um...too bad! Life does not consist of what we are used to and what grown ups do is accept that and adapt themselves.   You are far too immature to have ever gotten married in the first place. Do your husband and your stepson a favor and...
Thanks for the response petey44...that actually really brightened my outlook on things. I think you're right, in that I should find other ways to bond with him, because it's very hard to get to know him with only seeing him a few times a year for such short visits. I don't really think of myself as a stepmom, but perhaps if I think as myself as more of a big sister (seeing as I am only 14 years older then him), then maybe it'll become easier. My husband if a very...
Wow. I expected negative comments, I honestly did, but like I wrote in my post, it was vent. Thanks Laohaire for taking note of that, because I am never, never mean to his son and he actually really likes me. It's not as though I'm an abusive stephmother who hides when her stepkids over and rules with an iron fist. I just have a lot of sad inner thoughts. I just really wanted somewhere to express all that's been bubbling inside me and I guess I probably shouldn't have...
q