or Connect

Posts by eleuthia

so excited about all these babies so far!!! congrats to the mamas! 
good luck - i hope you don't even need our advice! but if this isn't the cycle, i want to echo what scowgirl said - chart your cycle (temps & opk's were most helpful for me) and if you get to 12 months of ttc, it's probably time to get medical help. there are tests that can help pinpoint why you aren't getting pregnant, and often medications that can help. i have PCOS and wasn't ovulating - i tried metformin and then tried clomid and got pregnant after a few cycles (i'm...
I finalllllly got this thing strung together! I used the leftovers of my beads as spacers and got a magnetic clasp so it will fit around my neck.   (edited to update with a daylight pic to show off all the pretty colors) 
Your HR department should know the details of your specific plan, especially if they are self-funded. The health insurance company *should* know, but unfortunately it isn't always communicated well, and I would let your HR rep know if you received incorrect info - they may want to follow up on it. 
there are other provisions they may not need to follow, but everything i've read says this isn't one of their exceptions. again, they could still have a grandfathering exception. and if it's non-grandfathered it still wouldn't apply til your plan year starts. it's confusing, even for the customer service people, since they often deal with multiple plans (& kinds of plans). i still have to call and find out the deal with my coverage (and for my flex spending) - i've been...
If they mean that the plan is self-funded, they do still need to follow the rules for the new preventive care for women (including bf supplies/support). 
Yeah, I am really frustrated at all the headlines saying that contraceptives & breastfeeding supplies are now covered. For many of us, this just is NOT true (at least not yet). It won't happen til the next plan year starts for non-grandfathered plans, and it just won't happen at this point if your plan is grandfathered - and lots of medium to large group plans are (it doesn't matter when *you* joined the plan, either, so switching to a different grandfathered plan will...
I got one of these at my baby shower plus another one (different brand) from babysteals AND my sister and I are going fabric shopping tomorrow to look for muslin so she can make more. It's August - flannel seems WAY too hot! 
I was in a very similar dilemma yesterday. I went to l&d on Saturday for severe lower right back pain that turned out to be a kidney stone. I developed UTI-like symptoms on Tuesday morning and went in to my midwife/OB office where they dipped my urine & gave a preliminary diagnosis of UTI while they sent it to culture.   They prescribed ampicillin, but after 3 doses I had an allergic reaction (very itchy palms) so I was advised to discontinue it. Later in the day,...
ahh, boots! good luck! i hope you don't need all the induction methods - thinking good open cervix thoughts over here!    i was planning on working through my due date (in one week!) but gave in and made yesterday my last day. i have just been dealing with too much over this kidney stone and my sister is here so we can get stuff done and i can relax, which will get me in a better headspace for birth, i think. turns out i don't have a uti, which is good because the...