or Connect

Posts by eleuthia

Mama Chickadee, one big factor that people need to consider when it comes to those great new healthcare provisions is that they won't apply to grandfathered plans, and that will be many of the large group plans. Unless your plan has major changes (reductions in what they cover or large increases in cost-sharing or your share of the premium, for example), it will remain the same and won't be required to cover those new things (like breast pumps). Your plan is required to...
i have a practice!!! my old ob/gyn office is letting me transfer. and this is an office that is OBs and midwives, which means i get to see the midwife there that i really like! i am sure i will see the OBs too, which is good, but it's a relief to know i will be seeing someone who gets where i'm coming from. and i'm familiar with some of the other doctors - two of them did my vaginal surgery last august and were pretty great when i was in a ton of pain. and the office and...
I don't have anything ready. No space ready, no diapers, clothes aren't washed, no carseat, important paperwork not done... I've just been too paralyzed by anxiety over not having a birthplace/doctor to do much other than work & sleep & watch mindless tv. Boots, I'd definitely talk to your doc about dates. If they are going by LMP, they should at least adjust for dating you got at any early ultrasound. But, uh, they might not. My due date keeps getting moved earlier (last...
Also, I think paying attention to those signs from the universe is important! I really think the universe is pointing me to being in the hospital for birth. Like, a bunch of things needed to align for me to be diagnosed with the placenta/cord issue, so I think there is a reason behind it. I'm glad you are feeling at peace about how things are turning out for you! I hope we both get the births we're meant to have. 
Ugh, the story about your daughter... how frustrating, but not that surprising? I've dealt with similar things, since I need primary care referrals. I was having wrist pain before getting pregnant and when I called my primary office they tried to send me to... sports medicine? Uh, my pain isn't from sports, and that office is an hour away by bus, so no. Then after having a visit with my doctor, she tried to refer me to orthopedics. Well, they do *surgery* and since I got...
Whaaaaaat the heck?! Connell is a great name with a cool history for your family and that woman is so incredibly rude and idiotic that it's almost a compliment that she doesn't like your name choice. 
I'm so sorry you're going through something similar! It is really horrifying to me that you haven't been able to find anyone to see you. And I can just imagine what will happen if/when you deliver in a hospital - I'm worried about that myself, if for some reason I need to go to the nearest hospital before I can get an appointment, and I have a stack of medical records to bring with me. I can just imagine hearing "Why haven't you been seeing an OB since your diagnosis?"...
i'm pretty sure anyone living without AC in 100 degree weather already gets an award for being green! 
I left work early last Monday to do that and only got in touch with two practices. And then didn't hear back from them, so I called one on Friday on lunch (and then had to take their return call from my desk, which I'm not supposed to do) to be told "nope". So far I've had to get my records sent to the practices that would consider me, which means calling the birth center to send the records and then waiting til they've reviewed them. So I really can't just get it done...
So I'm 34 weeks and still don't have a doctor or know where I'll be giving birth. I have a doula and she gave me suggestions/advice on this, but the problem I am running into is that no one around here wants to take a late transfer. I've had people imply that I should just show up at the hospital in labor. Well, that's great, but I need OB care in the meantime! And it's possible that the safest thing would be an early induction or c-section, but I won't know that until I...