or Connect

Posts by ytafuri

I'm not pregnant yet.  I live in Ewing, NJ and I'm searching for midwives who support home unassisted childbirths and who also accept an HMO plan for prenatal care.  Are my hopes too high?  Should I just go for prenatal care and scrap the MW when in labor?   HELP!!!   Thank you :)
I'm so excited to hear that I'm not the only one in NJ planning an unassisted childbirth!  Woo hoo!  I'm not pregnant yet - I haven't even started trying.  I wanted to do as much research as I could before I became pregnant so that I can lighten my load during pregnancy as I'm sure I'll be very busy with other things.    I would love to know what are the "what if's" and proper protocols to follow?     We can do this!
Thanks for all the great info Bailey!  This will be my first - we haven't conceived yet but I want to take all measures I can within reason to increase my chances of a healthy conception, pregnancy and birthing process.  Eating well wasn't terribly crazy for us.  We were challenged with health problems that our doctors said had no cure.  We didn't accept that as an answer so we did a lot of research for alternative options.  Detox and changing our diet was a huge part of...
Hello Beautiful Mama's and Mama's To Be,   My husband and I have recently decided to conceive a child within the next year or so.  We'd like to have an unassisted childbirth in the comfort of our home.  I've begun research into diet and other precautions to take before conception since it's been suggested that the health of the egg and sperm will ultimately affect the delivery and health of the child.  I wanted to know if any of you ladies have experience with...