or Connect

Posts by lioralourie

His other thing is just stay ON task - you say it once (not twice!) like cheerily announce "time for your bath" - then don't even wait, go right in and start undressing them for bath, filling up tub etc. And totally ignore protests and crying etc- you can still hear if they need to poop in potty etc ... They soon realize that you say what you mean and mean what you say. I used to do a 1-2-3 then without a word i picked her up and carry my LO up the stairs in a "not nice...
HB is not specifically illegal in China, though it is discouraged by various measures. Just think about it, how could you totally control nature? People sometimes do give birth out of hospital, even if they wanted to be in hospital. So. They do fine and censure doctors who attend HB (they did a MD I know, when he attended not one but two home births). And nurses, or anyone with a Chinese medical license, they could put that license in jeopardy to ATTEND a birth. ...
THERE IS A PROCEDURE IN EVERY CITY IN CHINA FOR OUT OF HOSPITAL BIRTHS IT'S RELATIVELY SIMPLE IT GIVES YOU A CHINESE B/C SOME HOSPITALS WILL STILL GIVE YOU A B/C if you present relatively quickly after the birth with an uncut CORD AND PLACENTA Some people have HB'ed in Beijing and just gone right to the consulate, even weeks later, with no Chinese BC and were issued a CRBA no problem. So a Chinese BC may not be strictly necessary. Helpful, yes, heck yes, but maybe...
And reading your post more carefully, start with just ONE OR TWO discreet behaviors that are dangerous or absolutely need to be stopped. Everything won't be rosy overnight, but if you can get some of the problem behaviors toned down, the tone of life can be more fun. I sing songs. ABC's or whatever, one per step, to get her to walk upstairs. I also started the 1-2-3. But, she doesn't see it as a threat, even though I honestly started out thinking that I'd spank....I...
Let me first say, I am a big fan of Attachment Parenting. But, One of the biggest things to change our lives was a tip I got from the Communicating Yahoo group, Dr. James MacDonald, who works with Late talking children (our third has Down Syndrome) and he recommends DON'T TALK TO MISBEHAVIOR No lecturing, no explaining, no reminding. (unless the kid is truly clueless, we're talking about situations they KNOW what they're doing is wrong) because: Attention, and Talking...
the Rixafreeze is not active, at least I cannot access it   try this link http://www.theperfectbirth.com/Emergency-Childbirth--A-Manual.html   I have it as well, just PM me on this site
And, anyone who wants to see my BIRTH OPTIONS document, PM me at Mothering.com!  thanks! 
Just to update this thread, Spring 2013, I know of two midwives who will come to Beijing for a home birth.  OurMidwife.com.au and Midwifeinternational   the first one has attended one here already, and Midwifeinternational will be in Asia for a Japan birth and free in late Sept/Early October 2013 
I know this isn't the focus of your question, but I'm sure you know that according to Jewish law, and recognized for eons and worldwide, Jewish status is conferred according to the mother's status. So, since you are Jewish (I mean, unless your mother/maternal grandmother had special circumstances) if you are Jewish, your child is Jewish no matter who asks, or where, and also regardless of the father's Jewishness or not. This might be something more to consider in all...
Emily, you are on the right track hon!! Things are gonna be fine, no, GREAT. I'm sure you know that in addition to the regular birth preparations you might have to research like hell and advocate for the BEST CARE for your baby if there are any hitches at all perinatally.     Just research every little thing the Dr. recommends BEFORE you do it....I think delayed cord clamping and delaying all the vaccines as long as possible (or never) is very important for our kids,...