or Connect

Posts by EllaS

Thanks, I am glad I'm not so terrible for trying to cut back on my own, even though my daughter would be happy to nurse for a lot longer. I would be happy to keep on nursing if it was a more manageable amount of time, but it's not.
Thanks, I have been trying to distract her during the day but as you say, that definitely doesn't work at night. I wish I could give her back rubs but she is really so upset at night that she will be in full tantrum mode. I have never got her to sleep without nursing so I don't even know how.
Hi there, my 18 month old daughter has always nursed on demand and slept in my bed. Around 4-6 months old, she started comfort nursing at night for an excessive amount of time but I put up with it because I thought it was a developmental thing - or growth spurt - or teething - or other passing stage. I just wanted to do what was best for her so I kept on trying, hoping it would pass.   Well, it wasn't a passing thing, and now she will switch back and forth ALL NIGHT. If...
This is great.   I feel so guilty sometimes - we are on a tight budget in a smallish town, so most of our food comes from Wal-Mart. I only buy the Canadian meat there and avoid the really processed stuff, but we could never afford organic.   We drink fluoridated city water and there's nothing I can do about it.   We eat white flour. It doesn't go rancid like the whole wheat stufff does. I try and cut it with something better if I have some, but sometimes I...
Hi. I feel like my life is literally impossible sometimes - like I am amazed that my body still functions. About half the time, I get ZERO sleep. The other half, it's maybe two hours, broken up into little bits.   My 9 month old daughter ONLY sleeps when nursing.   We have been cosleeping from birth. I never got the hang of sleeping while she was latched on. My husband does not sleep with us because he sleepwalks and it's dangerous to have him around her at night...
Hello.   I really need some help. I feel like I've done everything wrong.   I have been co-sleeping and breastfeeding on demand since my 8 month old daughter was born. She and I sleep in her room, on a mattress on the floor. My husband sleeps in a different room, partly because he sleepwalks which is unsafe, and partly because he needs rest for work.   Anyway our situation is unbearable and I feel like it is killing me. I know that sounds overdramatic but...
Hi there, so I am probably thinking way too much into the future on this one, but I am really getting stressed about going back to school in September. My daughter will be 5.5 months old by then. (She's 10 weeks now - I know, I should deal with it when the time comes but I am just so worried).   There's no way we can afford daycare so hopefully I'll be able to schedule classes around my husband's schedule - he may have to drop down to part-time work or take some time...
Thanks for sharing your story, that sounds like it went really well. 
Well I understand that everyone wants to protect children from danger, but it does seem a little extreme, doesn't it? That was one thing that kind of freaked me out - realizing how much control these external organizations have on something that to me, seems intensely personal. To the point where I'm not even free to ask for information. Like I said, I probably wouldn't have felt comfortable going that route anyway (meaning unassisted childbirth, or a birth attended by...
By the way; I read a few other reviews of that book that were really positive and it seems like the kind of thing I've been looking for, so I went and picked up a copy. Thanks again!