or Connect

Posts by JenniO11

I did this so recently, but I'll do it again!   1. What brought you to the NMY thread/mothering.com   I work for Mothering as part of the team that works with sponsors.  You'll see me in the blog, and I'm involved in running contests and product review programs, too!  What brought me to this thread is that I love this community and want to be involved, but considering I'm not a mama yet, this is definitely the right place for me!  2. A little about who you...
I agree with PP - all of your concerns are extremely reasonable and should be addressed.  The water and bathroom issues are also the biggest red flags to me.  I was a camp counselor for three summers during college, working with kids ages 5-16, and even with the teenagers, we were expected to at least remind them to drink water a few times a day and to use the bathroom before leaving for a field trip or scheduled activity.  With children younger than 10, we strongly...

I'm so excited to see that this thread is active!  I've also recently started attending a UU church and am seeing a lot of the same issues mentioned above - an older congregation.  DP and I are among the youngest adult attendees, and most of the others in our age range don't seem to attend regularly.  I think UU is a great fit for me so I'm really interested in becoming involved.  My family was not religious at all and I'd only ever been to church as a child on Sunday...
This post is sponsored by Avishi Organics   Preventing stretch marks during pregnancy   About 75% to 90% of women develop stretch marks during pregnancy. One of our sponsors, Avishi Organics, has an all-natural stretch mark Intensive Repair Oil that they'd love to share with the Mothering community!  Avishi Organics is offering Mothering readers a 25% discount on the purchase of its Intensive Repair Oil. Go to www.avishiorganics.com, and use coupon code...
Hi Erin!  I'm still here   Maybe we should start a new thread?  I worry that anyone who used to come around might not be able to find us, but if you do, definitely just post a link to it here.     I love your DH's interest in the topic!  I'm really lucky in that my DP is almost as excited about babies as I am, and we actually have a lot of really good discussions about having babies, how we plan to raise children, etc.  Breastfeeding is one that guys almost NEVER...
I agree with PP that it's important to get to the bottom of why she wants to change her name - is it just a passing thing with a book or a show, like you suspect?  When I had just turned 11, I changed the spelling of my nickname - my full name is Jennifer, but I had always, from birth, gone by Jenny, and when I was 11 I decided that it HAD to be Jenni.  That's a much smaller change, since it sounds the same out loud, but my family, friends and teachers still had to...
Hi ladies - I know this group isn't super active right now but wondering if I could dip my toe in?  I've been meaning to join for months but have been lurking!  I'm Jen and have always known 100% that I wanted to be a mama.  My own mom was an AP parent (she didn't call it that, but she practiced extended breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, and still gets teary-eyed when she talks about all the advice she got to let my brother and I cry it out, and how she "just...
I think you are getting taken advantage of.  When I was 17 and nannying part time with three years of experience, I was making $9/hr (and they usually paid a little extra tip, too).  I did live in a very high cost of living area in a high cost of living state (California) but your rate of compensation is no where NEAR appropriate.   Your family is looking to keep you on at this rate because they think you will stay!  If you were not family, they would never be able...
Sponsored Content brought to us by Urban Baby Bonnets   Interview with a Work At Home Mama: One mama's perspective on the creative process, finding your muse, and starting your own business    Colette Palamar is an artist, businesswoman, and, most importantly, a Work At Home Mama.  She fell in love with creating beautiful, unique baby bonnets after the first one she ever made – in all-neutral colors for her DD, Sabine – became an instant hit around town as it...