or Connect

Posts by JenniO11

Content brought to us by Mothering.com sponsor Northwaters   The Need to Be Known In Adolescence   What is it about the experiences at Northwaters & Langskib (NWL) that inspire young people to write comments like these on program evaluations:   “It’s the only place in the world where I feel myself”   “I feel so at home here—like I know who I am and where I’m going”   What’s happening during a 3 ½ week program that is missing from their lives back...
  Mothering's "Pampering Yourself" Contest Sponsored by Avishi Organics     We all know how important it is to take care of our bodies.  When we’re carrying precious babes, it becomes even more important.  Creating a healthy place for baby is one of the most important things our powerful bodies will ever do, and one aspect of creating that healthy place for baby is being a healthy, calm, happy mama.  So all of us here at Mothering want to know – what is one of...
  Brought to you by Mothering Sponsor Lifeway Kefir   Cooking With Kefir   Even if you aren’t already hip to kefir, you’ve probably seen it mentioned in just about every “healthy foods you should be eating” round-up that’s been published this year. Long story short, kefir is an ancient cousin of yogurt, and an excellent source of protein, calcium and beneficial probiotics that balance your body’s ecosystem and support digestive health and immunity.   Folks...
Blog Post Sponsored by Northwaters Wilderness Program     Navigating the Murky Waters of Adolescence  By Jen Zahorchak   I am fortunate to have a view of both sides of the coin. I am both a mother and a camp professional.  We play outside as a family and help parents provide empowering wilderness experiences for their teenage children. For the past 15 years I have been working with young people in the outdoors-- camps, nature centers, school field trips,...
  Congratulations to LorenaAZ for winning our Giving Advice for Living Simply contest!  Look for a PM from me!  And thank you to everyone for your entries - we loved reading all of your advice!  
Thanks for all your entries!  This contest is now closed.  Check back next week to find out who won!
The Mothering team would love to invite everyone to participate in our "Giving Advice for Living Simply" contest!  This forum and the DDCs are always active, and we know that everyone has advice to share.  Even if you're expecting your first baby, feel free to share advice for mamas-to-be earlier along in their journey about how to simplify their pregnancy and baby planning!  We want to see how much great advice we can accumulate on one thread :)  And one winner will...
Congratulations to LorenaAZ for winning our Giving Advice for Living Simply contest!  Look for a PM from me!  And thank you to everyone for your entries - we loved reading all of your advice! - The Mothering Team     Giving Advice for Living Simply   We all have goals and dreams for our kids, even long before they’re born.   Most of all, we want them to be healthy and happy.  But when a new mama has her little one, she may need some time to sort out what’s...
Sponsored Content   Hyland's Baby Products - Safe and Effective   Mothering and Hyland’s reached out to Hyland’s users to share their experiences with Hyland’s products, including Baby Cough Syrup and Tiny Cold Tablets.  We’ve selected one Mothering mama’s response to share with you here.  We love hearing about mamas using homeopathic products to make their little ones feel better!     Dear Hylands,   I first discovered your teething tablets with my...
  Sponsored Content   Keeping your little one warm while babywearing   How your child views the world is greatly influenced by what YOU show them.  You’re like their tour guide.  Babywearing is an amazing way to show your little one the world, maintain intimacy and closeness AND keep your hands free.     But what about during those cold winter months, when shared body heat isn’t enough? You can bundle them up in restrictive jackets or clumsy blankets, tuck...