or Connect

Posts by mamatowill

We went through the same thing with my older DS at the same age. He did not want to be with my mother who was looking after him and such. He could not articulate why but he really hated going to her house. He does have anxiety also as does my mother. I wish I had great words of wisdom but in our case it seems that time (and more than three months, more than six even) was what really worked. He goes now to her house and enjoys it alot more. He also was not able to...
I would like to take my DSs and myself to a chiropractor. Any recommodations on a good one? Thanks!
I will be honest and say it depends on the teacher. I know that I am seen as being too "lenient" about things like that by other teachers. I have found that generally the older the teacher the less likely they are to be tolerant. Definitely ask the teacher what his/her policy is. I know that most teachers are very willing to accomodate students requests especially if parents approach it in a way that shows that home/school is a partnership. Schools only give 20...
I answered in the other forum but the prompts that you see in the curriculum are just that- prompts. Teachers are not required to use them. I can see the boy/girl question as a way to teach children about how media influences us to see things as boy/girl and for kids to really think about it. I guide my students by asking them if something is really only for boys or girls and why would we think that. Also you are looking at the curriculum as its components- the way...
The media literacy is one component of the Language curriculum- I know I am a teacher in Ontario. I can tell you that it is covered in a holistic way and not treated separately. We covered persuasive texts/writing recently and it was a great way to have a discussion about how media influences students and that they should be aware of this influence. My students came out more critically aware of how media and advertising influences them. Media literacy does not take the...
I haven't been following this thread or DR as closely as I should and well you can tell in the finances. Anyways I am planning on getting back on track as of today. We will see what happens.
I don't know if I would rent from them- they sound like they will be "difficult". What happens if something of theirs is damaged by the kids? Are they going to expect you to pay for it? I think I would just go with the 2 bedroom.
I WOHM so both of my boys got sippys before a year. My first DS nursed until 2 (and was content to keep going) this one is less than 2 but is not showing any signs of stopping. The baby is on the straw cups or regular cups he did not really like the sippys.
I am currently teaching a combined 4/5. At the interviews in December I had a lot of parents asking me about how I could teach a class like that. I teach the same lesson for Language and Math. The expectations are almost the same and when it is not I might give the 5's a mini lesson but the 4's are exposed to it. Science and Social Studies is harder since there are few commanalities but I just teach two separate lessons. Art, music, etc. are the same lesson to the...
Have you tried getting on the centralized wait list through Andrew Fleck? My oldest DS was in a home daycare through them and it was wonderful. We still talk and visit his provider and she was incredibly AP and did things just the way I would.