or Connect

Posts by darthtunaqueen

I totally agree with Seraf about the counseling. We were forced into taking a break for medical reasons (DW has a large fibroid that needs to be surgically removed, she got appendicitis a month before her fibroidectomy and then was sick for awhile after that). Turns out if we had conceived, we would be absolutely miserable right now because we have stopped communicating properly and openly and there's a lot of resentment and general grumpiness (especially from me). I'm...
Glad I'm not the only one who bawls during acupuncture!!!!! And granite, I know what you mean about the hormones. Strangely enough, I don't have it at work (am a NICU nurse, so I'm with babies alllllll the time). A good friend is having a c-section tomorrow (long story, but not wanted, but needed) in my hospital, so I'm going to see her Tuesday to coo at the baby and help with breastfeeding, and my hormones will probably go mental (especially since I've either just...
Cassidy, your blog is fantastic!!  I've read some about unschooling and really like the whole concept of it.  I *hated* school, as did DW.  I did the International Baccalaureate program for grade 11 and 12, and that was incredibly structured, but we actually learned to think and ask questions and it wasn't all about rote memorization, and probably kept me from turning into a total pot head (turns out I'm super smart, but don't test well and have a crap memory for...
I'm also from the Wet Coast (although it's currently the foggy coast... what's up with that?!  SO ANNOYING.  I'm in Vancouver.  Well... suburb of Vancouver).  My blog is here: http://queeringmyfamily.blogspot.ca, although I haven't been updating much at all since all I seem to write about is incredibly depressing (doesn't help that our TTC was brought to a grinding halt, much to my incredible disappointment and frustration, and we don't know when it will be back up and...
We did one year and 10 failed cycles before finding out DW has a massive cyst thing that needs to be surgically removed, and that our KD had a 100% abnormal sperm morphology. I was so pissed. We're on a long break now (DW is going back to school, I'm working to pay off all of my debt). The struggles we had TTC were never dealt with, and recently we started nattering at each other more and not communicating properly, so we're going to work on that while we wait to be ready....
Carmen, you can always ask for freezer meals in place of presents. I will be available for breastfeeding help!
Darcy, the $3,000 is the deposit. They put it towards your fees, and we can roll it forward through children, and if by some miracle we get 2 positives after a first try, then they'll give us the remainder of the money back. Lea, bummer about potential BFN. And about the weather, despite the fact that it rained (or rather, POURED) all day for me, it was still lovely to see more than 50ft in front of me. My friend and I (who was my TTC buddy, but then ended up adopting...
Oh no, Max!!  That is so unbelievably heartbreaking, I'm so so so sorry!!  :( :(  Big hugs to you and your DP.
I'm always lurking, but I love QOTD so I'm going to chime in.  I'm a NICU RN, so homebirth is OUT (even though it's safer in low risk pregnancies!!  I see too many scary things!).  We live outside of the "catchmen" area for my hospital, but our lovely lovely hospital lets their staff deliver there, no matter where they live (and option taken by almost all of the staff).  They have single room maternity units, so ideally we will be there with a midwife.  They're baby...
Ida, meh... I used to teach swim lessons and I find now that floating things on the baby impede my ability to feel that I've got a hold on them, or impede my ability to help them learn to feel safe in the water. If you are comfortable in the water, then I wouldn't bother. However, if you don't feel good about your own swimming abilities then it may be a good option! Most pools have baby sized PFDs as well that you can borrow if you want to try something out without having...