or Connect

Posts by darthtunaqueen

We're 2WW, DPO 11.  Got a possible faint, vanishing line this morning.  I swear my DW is preggers though, she's gone a little loopy.  I checked her cervix last night and it's just a faint blue-ish colour, very high and looks very swollen (unlike her normal BFN cycles).  :D   Really really hoping we get a solid BFP tomorrow, as we have 2 digital pee sticks as christmas present for grandparents!!!!!!!!  AAUUGGH!  This kid's not even confirmed yet and already it's being...
Lisedea, I know *exactly* what you're talking about.  I had to blog about my bitterness in November because it was just getting too overwhelming.  There's something in the water at work, because 14 of my (200, mostly female) coworkers are pregnant, and only a couple of those are on purpose.  I find it a lonely experience, because no one else is charting or obsessing about the 2WW, they're all just "oh, oops I'm pregnant", and we have put *so* much effort into trying to...
@Lisedea, ugh, my dad said that too (and he's a pretty conservative guy, not politically, but he's quiet and reserved and has good manners, isn't the beer drinking, testosterone fuelled dude).  I told him it was weird.  He was also turning beet red as he suggested it.  My poor dad.  ;)  We're DPO 9 today, so I'm right with you on the crazy train.  And oohhhh did the crazy train ever come to town this month (maybe it's just Christmas?).     @Desert: love the idea.  We...
Desert, HUZZAH!!!!!!!!  That gives you a late August baby??  Ish?  So so so excited for you and DP!!!!  Congrats!  :D   afm, we're DPO 7.  I was meditating the other night (couldn't sleep) and the baby spoke to me.  It told me to be patient, I would get my proof soon.  Uhh...what???  DW thinks possible wishful thinking, but she's optimistic about this too.  She was feeling pretty pukey the other day, but it's gotten better.  She's POAS every day since Sunday, but BFN...
Woah woah woah... back the truck up.  11oz in 2 days???  I deal in grams/kg, so that's 311g in 2 days. That's *totally* inappropriate.  At work (am NICU RN), if a term babies gains that much in 2 days we start freaking out.     Some babies are slow growers, some babies puke ALL THE TIME no matter what you do (and still grow).  I know we get all excited at work when babies drop off the curve, but usually they're premies and we're trying to grow them so they can go...
My DW is mixed, her dad is Chinese and her mom is German.  I think she's *gorgeous*.  I'm a mish mash of the British Isles, and people mistake us for sisters (creepy and weird).  She's the one in the blue dress (I'm in white).
So we dumped our numbers into the TCOYF online chart to see what it told us.   http://www.tcoyf.com/members/darthtunaqueen/charts/2.aspx   Pegs ovulation on CD17, but DW is pretty sure she ovulated on CD16.     And we know temperatures aren't so clear, her charts always show a very small range in temps, and we're not sure if the cover line is even in the right spot (i.e., she doesn't normally have high temps at the beginning of her cycle, that was new,...
Ahh!  Love seeing all the babies!  Everyone looks great!  Hope everyone is getting ready to hold down the fort for Solistice/Christmas!  :)
@Carmen, we see Andrea Lamont at Glow Wellness on Hornby and Nelson.  Or something and Nelson (am *terrible* with downtown street names).  She's fantastic.  We've also been going to Evolve Nurturing Vitality, since they are very focused on pre-pregnancy/pregnancy/etc.  We both see one of the chiros, and she also sees their ND and one of the RMTs.  We're pretty happy with them!!  :)   @Anna: My DW went a little bit nuts on a couple of cycles (was convinced she was...
You just have to be firm.  It's hard, but if it's time to go, it's time to go, temper or no temper.  She's pushing boundaries because she's exploring her world (and her mother's sanity).  It'll pass, deep breath!  I've dealt with this SOOOOO many times in the 5 years I looked after a friends' kids almost every weekday (started with just 1, ended up with 3 by the end of 5 years!).  As she gets older, natural consequence will kick in (for example, my friend's 3.5 year old...