or Connect

Posts by darthtunaqueen

Cordelia, it's probably more like 99.9%.  The 0.1% are the ones who need feeding tubes (and will have them before they go home from NICU).  :D
Scorpio, as someone who went through almost a year of at home insems with KD, for god's sakes make sure his morphology is on his semen analysis.  Ours had 100% abnormal sperm morphology.  A year wasted.  Woooo........
I'm so very very sorry for your loss.  May Theo live on in your hearts and memories!  Sending you warm thoughts as you guys grieve and learn to live without his physical form.  
Has anyone heard from Krista? She should have had her embryo implantation by now.... Krista if you're reading this, I think of you very often and hope all is well!
Sphinxy, wow!  If this one sticks then you'll have a *great* story for your kid.  :D  If not, then you still have a great story!!   Speaking of crazy weather, I'm in Vancouver and so everyone freaked out about the earthquake last night.  It even prompted a whole #prayforcanada and for Justin Bieber's fans to flip their shit (since he's Canadian.... except that his family is in Stratford Ontario, which is just about on the other side of the country from us!).  This...
Outdoorsy: I missed the part where you needed a NICU?  If there isn't any reason prior to needing to deliver at a hospital with a NICU (high order multiples, gestation less than 35 weeks, known life threatening complication, known immediate surgical need, like Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia or a complex heart condition).  Out of the 45,000 babies born in BC each year, in our massive 64 bed NICU we see about 400-500 of them, and most of those are just premature (like...
Nos, I see lots of kids with their feet turned in.  No one ever gets excited about it unless it's actual club foot, which I'm not even sure you can really SEE on an ultrasound anyways, since babies move around so much.  And even if his foot IS turned in, there is absolutely NOTHING you can do about it now anyways.  :)  Worry about it when it's actually an issue, otherwise put it out of your head and enjoy the last few (if rather uncomfortable) weeks of pregnancy you have...
I imagine that most of us know who Stella and her mommies are, if you don't you can find them here.  If you're checking it right now, the website is overloaded and keeps shutting down.  Stella is a gorgeous, fiery 3.5 year old who was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour last June and given approximately 6 months to live.  She survived nearly 16 months and died peacefully in the arms of her mamas this evening.   I feel that as a queer parenting community, we...
Outdoorsy, HURRAY!!!!!!  CONGRATS!  STICK LITTLE BEAN!!!   Sphinxy, could be another BFP on the way!  :)
Samy, we did at home insems with a KD for a year.  We drew up legal contracts proclaiming intents to parent and that he can't come after us for custody and that we won't go after him for child support.  6 months later, no BFPs, NOTHING.  We made him go get his sperm checked again and he had 100% abnormal morphology (he had increased his sperm count and motility though).  We were *crushed*, since we thought we had gotten that all checked out.  His MD had missed getting...