or Connect

Posts by darthtunaqueen

Invt, I feel your pain.  We haven't been at this as long as you guys (according to the damn TTC ticker on my blog we're at 1 year and nearly 5 months), but we just keep getting kicked in the face at every turn.  100% abnormal sperm morphology, then DW has a giant (seriously giant) fibroid in her uterus that needs to be removed, and then 6 weeks before that surgery she got appendicitis and we called off the whole TTC thing for the moment because of it (and $$$).  Now...
Yahtzee!!!  :D    I have more on actual "NICU Survival", but I usually wait to dole out that piece of helpful advice (accumulated from NICU parents past and present) until you're actually living in the NICU, since the experience is very different depending on baby's gestational age and how sick they are.  The milk production is something that I wish wish wish all our parents had access to before ending up in the NICU, as it sometimes gets missed.  Partners (or doulas) can...
I'm threadcrashing.  So with all the multiples, I feel like I need to pipe in as the Level III NICU nurse (If Adair had been born in my city, I would've looked after him!  And then his mamas would have been counting his fingers and toes to make sure I hadn't nibbled them off... mwahahahaha).     1) If you can, learn proper hand expression technique and start ASAP post birth (within the first hour is best, within 6 hours is considered "gold standard" in our unit).  I...
Oh donor picking... We liked listening to the voice, I felt that gave us a really good idea on whether we would pick them of not. As for pictures, who knows!! We'll decide when we're at that point again, I suppose.
Krista, I will cross everything I have for you, and cross all the babies I work with too.  
LISA, OMG HOLY SH*T!!!!  CONGRATS!!!!!  We've had identical triplets in the NICU and OMG THEY ARE SO CUTE.  STICK YOU LITTLE MONKEYS STICK!!  PLACE NICE!     Enough with the caps lock!!  I mentioned triplets to DW this morning and she looked at me like I had four heads.  HAHAHAHA.
Outdoorsy: I'm so sorry for AF.  :(   Jenny: yes, there are definitely perks to doing this solo.  I was FULLY PREPARED to do this solo at some point (late 20's) if I hadn't met someone I wanted to be with and someone I wanted to parent with.  If any of my friends should choose to be SMBC, we will whole heartedly support them.     Knitting: Thank you.  We are starting to clarify where we're headed next.    Soto: Yes, I'm starting to make myself DO more...
Tandy, congrats On your BFP!!!! E2W: sorry about AF. How disappointing. Pokey, good luck with your femera!!! AFU: so I'm not really sure what to do with my name on the list anymore. We're now on a break indefinitely. DW is just trying to get through this term (lots of challenging math classes) and won't even talk about TTC anymore. My brain has me subconsciously eating fertility foods (I'm suddenly craving spinach and figs. And kale. And chard. And avocado.). I'm...
Augh!  I had a post and my computer ate it.   Wishin: CONGRATS!!!  Stick little bean!  Or go if you're no good (we've changed our motto in our house, it's stick if you're healthy, go if you're not).   Mrs: I'm sorry to hear about the cyst.  I hope the birth control works out well for you and that you can resume your regularly scheduled program shortly.   Fille: welcome!  As someone who wasted an ENTIRE YEAR doing insems with a KD who had a totally wonky...
Congrats, Desert!!!!!  She's simply stunning!  Welcome to the world, Everleigh!!!