or Connect

Posts by darthtunaqueen

And there goes mine too...  But I never really liked them anyways, I was (and still am) an Ani fan.  Gotta love her.  I listened to "Little Plastic Castle" on endless repeat as I was coming out.  :D
Outdoorsy, I hope that she's a little more sensitive the rest of the time... I realize weddings sometimes bring out the absolute worst in people, but that's pretty harsh!!!  And sometimes it's the trivial things that reveal people's true colours, especially under stress!  I hope all is well now!  :D
First question: there's no one who stands out as being exceptionally supportive. DW's 2 BFFs were amazing when we met (DW was straight until she met me, now she's labelless! She also came with the toaster and knife set). They shrugged their shoulders when she told me about me, and they could clearly see how into me she was, and told her to go for it if that's what felt right! I think the (baptist) church I grew up in was the most surprisingly supportive. Except for my...
Hi Tara!!  I'm in Vancouver (as is Carmen, who also has a 2.5 year old, and Starling&Diesel, who has a 3ish year old and a baby).  I'm surprised to hear that SSI doesn't have more of the gayby making going on!  I know there's lots of amazing (straight) families over there, have you connected with any of them?  
Erin, I'm sorry about your BFN.  :(  Huge bummer.  Next time, right???   Hopeful, I know what you mean about needing a break!  I hope you have a lovely break and are ready to get back on the horse after your month of intense wild partying (haha).   Krista, those are not bad!  I hope the genetic test comes out clean on at least a couple of them!  I've cared for babies in our NICU who were the ONLY EMBRYO that fertilized and was genetically normal, so I know they...
purplerose, be careful about the boundary in between protecting and taking away experiences.  Yes it's infuriating to have your family say nasty things (if that even happens!), but THE MOST IMPORTANT part is that you love her unconditionally.  That is enough.  You don't have to prep your family, I agree chatting with your daughter about the potentials is definitely a GREAT thing to do, and you're letting her lead, which is amazing.  Where you step in, is not accepting...
Amanda, thank you SO MUCH for this info!!!!!  A lot of "older" prems (33-37 weeks) go home before they're "normal baby size" and we have to adapt things like car seats for them, but I've never found good info on baby wearing prems.  There is a growing body of GOOD literature that links better outcomes for prems with being kept with their parents (fully supported).  They're studying the older prems, who are less likely to need help breathing/maintaining their blood...
Carmen, we don't know yet!!  DW is waiting to have her test done, she doesn't want to look at donors until we know we can actually start picking them.  Genesis has a shortlist of banks they use, and there's one bank that they get so much sperm from that they don't charge shipping if you order it with the rest of the group (i.e., Genesis puts out an order once a month, I think it's the Cryobank Labs?  Not sure).  
Will they let you hold him in a carrier (like a Moby wrap) yet?  I know several people who have used Moby wraps with premies, but I know that he is very small and hooked up to lots of tubes and wires.   No, not when he's this small!!  And thanks for the suggestion about moby wraps with prems, that's good info for my job!!  :D  I usually suggest to mamas that they wear a stretchy low cut or v-neck shirt, and we just pop the baby down the front.  How fast would it be...
Dandy, I don't think any of us are worried about your lack of personals!  Being a NICU mama is incredibly gruelling.  Fantastic job with the pumping!!  Sending Adair lots of good thoughts, prayers and energy about lung development, that his PDA will close, that his tummy will stay good and that his brain is in as good of a shape as it can possibly be!!