or Connect

Posts by darthtunaqueen

Erin, often OBGYNs forget how much sperm costs.  TCOYF says 4 tries (through "conventional" methods) of really well timed rounds should be enough to get pregnant.  We're gonna start IUIs and go through a clinic, but we did a whole year of at home insems with BFNs, so we are upping the ante...   Wishin, awwwwww f***.  POOPY.   Carmen, embryo likes the sun???  Maybe???  Maybe it's SO HAPPY THAT SUMMER is finally here it's doing a jig and that's why you're so...
Your vitamins are most likely fine.  Pills and capsules are pretty shelf stable, and most liquids are.  Since you're going to finish them off in a month ish, you'll be fine.  You just may not get the same potency as what's written on the bottle.  :D
Ooohhh can I ever chime in about the importance of getting a count, motility and morphology done PRIOR to insemination.  On BOTH ends (the TTC and the post "oh hey our baby has this incredibly rare chromosomal defect that is so rare it doesn't even have a name, but our baby is incompatible with life and living on life support in the NICU" part too).  The TTC end is simply frustrating, the actual-baby-made end is devastating and sickening to watch.  The latter is...
Bethy, have you SEEN what our current government is doing????  Maybe you don't want to come up here.  We are not without the religious wing nuts, corporate greedy bastards and currently horribly shitty shitty politicians who are giving it their all to systematically dismantle everything that makes Canada awesome.  It's so bad that the UN are probably gonna kick us out.  :(  Our current PM said in 2006 that "we wouldn't recognize Canada when I'm done with it", and it's...
Nos, I'm pretty sure that some of my pro-breastfeeding co-workers are far more militant than any LLL group could EVER be...  "YOU WANT THAT BABY ON THERE?  WELL DO YOU??  HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT??".  Sometimes I just die laughing, especially when the mom is starting to giggle and hold it in.  
Since I'm a NICU RN and truly know what you guys are up against, I did a little happy dance at that picture!!!  CPAP is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!  YAY GO ADAIR!!!!  And if he was sick, he wouldn't be on CPAP, since he would be spending all his energy just struggling to get through the infection!  Dandy, he's absolutely GORGEOUS!!  I hope you keep posting pictures!   BTW Adair shares my birthday, it's a GREAT birthday to have.  We Cancerians are quite snuggly, emotional and...
Awww Soto, I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this stuff.  TTC sure brings out the worst (and sometimes best) in all of us.  :(  I think parenting can too, so this may be something you guys hash out before there actually IS a tiny human, who doesn't deserve to hear his or her parents fighting all the time.  Our year of TTC has certainly not brought out the best in DW and I... we are currently locked in a battle of wills over my frustration over DW not currently having...
Wishin, yuck!  Crossing my fingers that this is your month too, so you don't have to do another round.  :D   Happy Canada day to all you Canucks out there!!
I second what Pokey said.  We are one of the sets who discovered our KD had a 100% abnormal morphology after trying with him for almost a year.  We thought we had got it checked out previously, but KD's family doctor didn't include a morphology.  It was HEARTBREAKING, because we put EVERYTHING on hold to TTC for a year, and now we have to TTC while also continuing on with our lives (DW has to go back to school, she has to work and TTC, I just work a lot).     Also,...
Hey Becky!!  Nice to meet you!  You didn't mention it, but I thought I'd throw it out there, make sure KD gets a count, motility and morphology sperm check done before you cement any plans.  We somehow only ended up getting two of the checks done, and then spent A YEAR TTC with KD, and then made him go back again and found out his morphology was 100% abnormal.  AUGH!  I wish you all the best in your plans!! If you're 6 months out, you can start taking your prenatal...