or Connect

Posts by Diane~Alena

Thanks for the replies. I had read that spelt was a good wheat free grain I heard it is one of the first grains used by man. I will be sure to keep looking though if is simiar to wheat. The idea of it being just like whole wheat flour in the cooking dept.sounds awesome but I don't want to spend a fortune and have no improvement. I have been reading about brown rice flour and that sounds kind of good to me. We cut out dairy almost a year ago and we are finding that my...
My friends daughter was diagnosed with ADHD and she was advised to put her on meds for the condition. Since the little girl in question was just 6 my friend was not liking the idea of meds that mess with her brain. We did research and found that we could try diet improvement. The main thing we were advised was to remove all food dyes. With the removal of dyes, dairy, processed foods (white flour and non whole foods), sugar and the addition of Natural factors learning aid...
My daughter is showing signs of Chrones(spelled wrong I am sure) she is just one in a long line of chrones sufferers in my extended family. My family talks about deleting cows milk and wheat from her diet. I have deleted the cows milk and added Almond milk that wasn't hard for us. The hard part is the wheat, I hate buying the expencive breads and would rather bake my own breads and such for her. I have seen spelt flour and wanted to buy it but I don't know any recipies,...
I would have done the same thing but I would have gone a step further and told the mom that if she corrected her child herself without nasty language then you wouldn't need to! It takes a village to raise a child. I wish that us in the village could take kids away from the village idiots!
I chose basic honesty with my kids. I told my kids the real names for all things like penis and vulva, we explained that those were pills to not get pregnant and so forth. My kids flat out asked what we were doing when we had locked the door and we said that we wanted to be alone when we have sex. A year or so later they asked what sex was and I basicly told them it was a man's penis going inside a womens vagina. They thought it was nasty and didn't ask about why untill...
Wow I would say your sister has forgotten 4 year behavior. I for one don't think we can over protect children. To protect them is keep them from harm, how can you overly keep your children from harm? I think some of us don't socialize or teach our children to be independent but that isn't a protect issue in my mind.
Quote: Originally Posted by mamawanabe What gets me is mamas critcizing others mamas for their practices even though they complain about crictism they have faced for their own practices. Cracked. I have defianite ideas about what I am going to do, and a few (not all or even many) of these ideas, I do believe are best for all babies in general (for example, no-circ). But critcisizing individual mamas isn't a way of getting more babies uncirced; it...
I think what makes me maddest is others pushing their beliefs as if they are the only ones possible on earth. I think we all have to realise that different lifes make for different choices. I know a women that was molested as a child and couldn't breastfeed her children she just felt to sexual about it and feared she would hurt her children because of it. This mother pumped for months and bottle fed untill she lost her milk and then turned to formula. For anyone to say...
My husband and I sat down and talked about me working when our youngest goes to preschool. I said I was ok with the idea of getting out of the house and actualy looked forward to bringing in money. I said it would be good for us to work out a schedule of who does what and on what nights. He sat dumbfounded. I said it would be best if we each cooked three nights a week and did soup and sandwiches the odd night. I told him we could share the laundry and make a chart for...
My days are so full with taking the kids to school and making meals. I walk to the shops daily and get little items like fruit and bread. We clean and go to the parks and met for playdates. It helps I live in the city we are just one block from the library and we love the story times there. Sahm mom doesn't mean I have to stay in my home all day. I clean it and then run away to help it stay clean and help keep the kids entertained. Sometimes just a walk to the lagoon to...