or Connect

Posts by mainemom

Forgive me if these are too "out there"...they are the first to pop into my head... Echo Robin (could be boy or girl) Emerson Rose (could be nicknamed Emmie) Everly, Everett, Emmery Ruth, Royce, Ryan Good luck! It's fun to think about. Be well.
Hi all, Just looking around for fellow February 2005 mamas. It's been a long time since I've visited and I am thinking of you and hope you are all well! We are happy and healthy and enjoying summer with an active 9 y.o. and an even more active 17 mos. (in two days) who tries to copy his brother in everything. We survived a new baby, dh's new job and a move to a new house all in 2005. Now we are settled and counting our blessings. Remembering all of the support...
Hi there! I've only got a minute, but wanted to pop on and be remembered to you all. I've missed you. We finally have a new computer and I'll hopefully be able to say hi once in a while now. Andrew is sitting in a laundry basket right now, waiting for me to hold him some more. He's a big, beautiful, mellow little guy--cutting his two bottom teeth and still full of smiles. I am well. No sign of post-partum depression, which I feared, though it's still been...
I received the most beautiful nursing necklace and some Burt's bees, too. What a treat for me (and for Andy). Thank you so very much! I especially love that it was hand-made by you. Hope things are well. susan
Hi Karen, I'm from Eliot, not too far from you. I have a 7yo ds and a 7 week old ds and am also a SAHM. I hope you find a great community here. Be well! Welcome! susan
Feel free to PM me, also, unless it's too late! My ds#1 was born on June 28. It's a great time of year for a birthday! Good luck to you. susan
Hmmm... I'll add my wish for a nursing necklace, too. Books, especially anything with "local flavor" (ie. we have an alphabet book called "L is for Lobster" with a Maine theme...anything from your region??) Boy clothes (gently used is fine with me!) size 6 mos. and up (baby is 11lbs and outgrowing most of what we have!) Hats, especially spring/summer weight. I love hats and Andrew has outgrown most of his. Inserts/doublers for Wonderoos/Fuzzi...
as soon as i'm done nursing, i'm going to walk outside--it's a beautiful day. tug, i feel for ya, i have been a sweet fanatic lately and am feeling a bit gross and guilty about it! i need to lay off! shannon, maybe while you're body is healing and you aren't able to exercise, you can focus on getting into healthy eating habits? even if you only do one thing each week, it'll help prepare you for when you can finally exercise. i agree with your dh that maybe weight...
Hi everyone, Well, now that I know about NAK, I'd like to add: NAS (nursing at sink), NAWM (nursing at washing machine), NAT (nursing at table)...on and on!! My husband has been such a great help that I am not feeling too sleep deprived (yet). He sleeps in Ds's room on the bottom bunk and I'm in our room with baby. That way, whichever one of us has the baby isn't waking the other. I get 3 hours of solid sleep at a time and Dh does, too. Andrew likes his car...
hi ladies, i'm in! i am currently at 170 and 5'10"...so that's within my "range". i used to be scrawny (135 until ds#1) and don't intend to hit that ever again! i'm less inclined toward an ideal weight than feeling good and having energy. I'm also not a "dieter" so I'm trying to focus on the following for now: 1. Drink lots more water than I do. This has always been a struggle for me. I've begun carrying a nalgene bottle around with me and my goal is at least...