or Connect

Posts by Maternalove

Thanks for all the response ladies. Just a little update about where we are now. I am going to go to the hospital but its only an 8 min drive so laboring at home should be easy. But we hired a doula and are going to birth at a "baby first network" hospital. I have my birth plan to my OB and she was fine with everything except dropping the curtain if I were to have a C-section BUT she said she would set up a mirror which is more than they agreed to for DD. I really wish I...
Thanks for all the support ladies. I've already started getting involved with many orgs in the area! I'm telling you Maryland hath seen no fury... LOL I've signed petitions. I'm currently working on a letter to send to MANY hospitals and legislators.    I've been wanting to become a midwife for several years now. I was even in nursing school before I moved here....   Sigh, I've gotten a few leads on midwives but nothing solid as of yet.  If I should find anything...
  I'm just totally, totally repulsed at the lack of options women have to birth in the Baltimore area. I'm 30 weeks pregnant with my second child and all I wanted was a natural water birth. I am willing to drive to get it but it doesn't seem to exist.  I had to have a c-section with my daughter for breech presentation and pprom at 34+6.    Even my current OB thinks it was total random act and that it's unlikely to happen again. Unfortunately, the St. Joesph Medical...
This makes me so sad. I just called her office today. I really wanted a home birth :(