or Connect

Posts by Maternalove

It is harder to get out of the house these days. Not to mention, I just here while I was pregnant and I don't know anyone. The few moms I have met are quite a bit older than me and don't really seem interested in building a relationship outside of [insert extracurricular activity]. Other than  that I'm almost convinced that most children in the area have invisiblitis because I've never seen them!
My child will be 5 on November 23 so she can not enter kindergarten this fall even thought she is ready both with her maturity and knowledge base. I'm so frustrated by this. She is begging me to go and it breaks my heart to say no. I have been homeschooling her for about 2 years now but it has been very relaxed.  I've called our assigned school as well as the office of early childhood education office. The school was very apologetic but the early childhood education...
My child will be 5 on November 23 so she can not enter kindergarten this fall even thought she is ready both with her maturity and knowledge base. I'm so frustrated by this. She is begging me to go and it breaks my heart to say no. I have been homeschooling her for about 2 years now but it has been very relaxed.  I've called our assigned school as well as the office of early childhood education office. The school was very apologetic but the early childhood education...
So my 4 year old was whining today and I had my ds binky in my hand and I kept trying to give it to her for like 30 seconds before she was like "MOM, why do you keep putting that thing by my mouth?"   LOL    Clearly my sons teething antics of keeping me up all night are getting to me.      Have you hand any LOL mothering moments lately?
Well that's good to hear it gets better. DH and I are on different pages. It's driving me batty. He's constantly pushing me to just switch to formula so we can have some more freedom and DS won't be so attached to me. I think he's jealous. :( DD was never overly attached to me. She was happy with lots of people but DS is a total mommy's boy. LOL And DH keeps saying he's going to be upset if DS is always overly attached to me.    I has become more and more apparent...
My kids are about 4.5 years apart b/c I was sure I was not having anymore! It feels more complete now tho. You do have time. I actually have a little helper now and DD is totally 100% in love with her little brother. She actually asked us for a little sister now too. LOL 
Okay I'm just looking for some support b/c I'm feeling like a failure or that I'm screwing up another baby.   When I had DD I was a single young mother. I had to have a c/s because she was breach and she was 5 weeks early so there was no birth bonding. I did breastfeed. We co-slept till she was about 5 months. I had a sling that I loved to carry her in. Then I started working and she got put on a schedule, and my milk supply started to go down so we supplemented and...
Ya know my son has ALWAYS done this if not in a cradle position. Like from day one if we were tummy to tummy. I would always gently move his head to the side and he would move it back. After a while I just gave up. Just keep an extra eye out. I'm pretty sure he can still breathe.    Just like they say "back to sleep" well DS just rolls his little tushy over on to his side or tummy. What are ya gunna do. If they are doing it, I think we have to trust their judgement...
Totally! And help. When DH gets home I can be like... SEE YA. I'm going to the book store to have some quiet time for an hour. LOL I never had that luxury with DD.
Thanks Ladies. I have them all ready to go in the mail tomorrow!