or Connect

Posts by Maternalove

Holy smokes! 19 and 21 lbs! Having a 15 lb four month old blows my mind. I can't even imagine 20lbs. LOL   My daughter was always like 10-20% in weight. And now she's in the 5% at 32lbs (with clothes and shoes) at 4 years and 8 months. LOL So DS is like a GIANT in comparison but he's coming in at 50% all around.
Sigh... I have the opposite problem here. DS is soo much harder than DD. But I was a single mom when I had DD so maybe that's why I got lucky and had such an easy baby.   I'm getting really tired of being the human binky.    AND DD was a preemie and ds was not so he's very advanced rolling laughing talking nearly sitting and DD was just "average" for her birth age.    But I get what your saying, very different kids.
I feel ya Mama! I'm working on cycle #4 already. I get really heavy bleeding and leak through EVERYTHING. It's like a massicure. LOL  I got it back with DD at 6 weeks but I was hoping for longer this time b/c I didn't have to go back to work. No such luck.
Very sadly, no.    We are new in the area so I was hoping to meet some moms of similar mind set. I've PM'd a few mamas that have posted about playdates but never got a response so I thought I'd make my own post.   I'd go if there were sponsored meetups.
Yeah that is the best option but I'm worried I'll react to the copper and it makes you have heavy periods and it's already really bad. Passing HUGE clots and bleeding 2 or 3 times the normal amount.   Have you had any hormonal issue with your tubal?
Okay so I have several suggestions that I WISH someone had told me with my first LO.   1. Breast compressions: Pump until the milk stops or slows considerably. Then give each breast a good massage and pump for another few min.    2. Buy better flanges. I HIGHLY rec the Pumpin Pal ones. They've made a world of difference for me.   3. Relax and bring something of baby's with you. A picture is good, but a blanket with his smell is even better!     Good...
So I REALLY wanted to do birth announcements this time around since it was a planned pregnancy and everyone was happy about it. I did get them printed out but I haven't sent them out yet. Between the thrush battle and remodeling the kitchen and adjusting to 2 children and just being lazy I guess. I had set them up in DS bedroom and forgot about them. He's now 4 months. Do you think it's too late to send them?   I was thinking about sending them and writing a note...
IMHO, sunblock vs the sun is the lesser of 2 evils. And actually "Sunblock" is going to be a think of the past. The FDA is making some serious changes.    Sunscreen and water resistant are going to be the only words allowed to be used. "Broad-spectrum" has stricter guide lines and wipes and sprays don't usually meet these. This means if you want to make sure you are protected from UVA and UVB you need a Broad-spectrum in the form of a lotion. Additionally, please be...
  Sorry to hear about you and DH. It's been rocky here too but things are finally looking up. NFP is how I got pregnant in the first place. It works. But I've gotten so bored of taking my temp lately. I've had AF 3 times now since I gave birth and I have YET to have a clear O spike. My guess is because DS gets up every 1.5 to 2 hours from 2 am to 6 am and I'm not sleeping deep enough to get good BBTs. 
Kaydove! THANK YOU! I had totally forgotten how to put a baby to sleep to promote healthy sleeping habbits. I had done this with my DD and she was a WONDERFUL sleeper all through her toddler years. She hit preschool and developed an attitude but anyway... I started putting DS down after nursing while he was still awake but tired and it has worked out so much better for naps AND bed time. No more nursing to sleep, which I don't usually mind but around 4 months they...