or Connect

Posts by Naftalita2012

Feel better!
When I was pregnant with my first, I was majorly obsessive about protein since I only ate fish occasionally ( and never ate meat). This pregnancy, I'm really much more relaxed about it and am focusing more on how I feel versus adding up grams of protein each day. ( I also almost never got to 80 grams of protein a day with my last). Since I also do a fair amount of exercise each day, It's pretty clear to me when I haven't eaten enough protein or calories since I start to...
I drink it several times a week...couldn't give it up for the world!! It also has helped my morning sickness tremendously. 
I'm a runner! I was training for a ultra marathon right up until I found I was pregnant. I ran up until the day I delivered with my son ( though I actually refer to it as "power waddling" given I was so big and he was so low right before I delivered him!) Now at almost 15 week,  I'm so slow and only have the energy for about 45 minutes of running per day.  I also take my son for a walk in the stroller  for another 45-50 minutes per day and that keeps me feeling like I've...
I'm no vaccine expert but to my knowledge if you acquired chicken pox naturally you typically have life-time immunity. In fact, its beneficial to be exposed to children who are carrying the virus because it boosts your immunity towards the disease. I've also heard that being exposed to children with wild chicken pox helps adults acquire immunity to shingles later in life, but I don't have the sources to link to all that info right now at work.    I think you should be fine!
I am almost 14 weeks and I've noticed a significant dip in supply. My LO ( 22 months) is really upset about it and I feel really bad for him because he wants more milk, but I think he's only getting a few sips a day. It's also very frustrating to have him switch from nipple to nipple every 5 seconds hoping to find a hidden stash!  A part of me really hopes he will continue to nurse throughout the entire pregnancy so I can tandem nurse. I just love ( well most of the time)...
Lovebeams: I was just thinking that the other day about Lays....witchcraft lol!   Anyway, for me today:   B: Two slices of homemade walnut cranberry bread with PB and Jelly Snack: Homemade multigrain bread with a whole jar ( yes, you read that correct) JAR of kimchi. Yesterday I ate a whole jar of nettle cabbage sauerkraut. I can't get enough of the fermented veggies. Very bizarre and expensive pregnancy craving.. L: A mixed green salad with a cup of yogurt. Fresh...
We live in San Diego too!
Hugs. I may be in a similar situation due to my new insurance and I totally cry when I think about delivering with an OB. I don't want to get robbed of the beauty of birth and delivering my baby in the way that feels right. . Is it possible to hire a doula who might be able to make the environment less clinical and be your advocate? Also, I would really take my time in finding an OB and interview them well. See which ones click with you and respect what your looking for...
I'm nearing in on 11 weeks with my nausea still raging. The other day, I read somewhere that taking your prenatal at night instead of the morning can ease day time nausea. For the past several days I've done this and I feel so much better I could cry. Within 15 or 20 minutes of taking it at night, I start to get horribly sick but I just go right to bed instead of having to take care of a toddler while fight the urge to barf every 5 seconds.