or Connect

Posts by Mama2RMM

Sounds like a pretty normal 11 month old to me, too. My preemies are "high needs" but so was my perfectly healthy, term toddler. My husband and I like to tease new parents that the entire first year is either learning something new and frustration over that, or pain from teething. I don't think the first year is easy for everyone. I do like rescue remedy too, lavender baths and chiro care is something we rely on in our family. That said, my girls still cry, get...
Add another Mama who lifted a toddler and turned out perfectly healthy babies! My toddler was 16.5 months when my twins were born. It's a journey, for sure!
Our twins were in the same amniotic sac, so we had to choose when to start monitoring them daily to make sure they were not having decels leading to death from cord compression. We did a lot of research into the matter, talked to a bunch of neonatologists at our local hospitals, and read several preemie baby books. We chose not to start monitoring until 26 weeks. I felt that if something happened before that time, sure we might be able to deliver the babies, but...
I don't think she'll mind my posting, but still I won't give details... please send lots of good thoughts to Kewpie and her family right now. Regular contractions started Sunday. If you are of the praying sort, say an extra for her, the babies and the rest of her family.
I recall the change being pretty sudden - 27-29 weeks, somewhere in there was a real big slowing down for me. I spent most of the day sitting on the bed in my toddler's room or with her on the couch. I went into a regular pattern of contractions at 29W, I think due to dehydration and a bit of excessive "doing" around the house. After that, I spent my days rolling around our house in my wheeled computer chair! Protein shakes helped a lot and so did extra iron. ...
I was on modified bed rest starting at 29W, my Mom took leave from work (family company, was easy for her to do so) and stayed with us for about 2.5 months to help care for our not yet 2 year old. My twins were born at 32 weeks and then were in the NICU for 5 weeks. They came home, and I believe my Mom was here the first week they were home. My husband took off two weeks after that, and then I was solo for two weeks. By the end of the solo time, I was stark raving mad....