or Connect

Posts by esenbee2

Should a new thread be started for baby pics and announcements? Baby A, Benjamin (Benji), was born 8/11 at 7:21 am, 3 lb. 9 oz. Baby B, Levi, was born 8/11 at 7:34 am, 4 lb. 1 oz.
The twin boys are here! Birth Story After a day of laundry and cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, hallway wall and baseboards, my water breaks at around 8. I was sittig coloring with DD and I went to get up and it gushed. Called DSp to come home, called my doula, called my Dr. My contractions start about an hour and a half later. I took a shower, ate a little, waited for my mom to pick up DD, got food for DSp on the way, stopped amd got batteries for the camera. We got all...
Welp, their 6% discordance was short lived.  They are now 17% (though I think the abdomen measurement wasn't with a very clear picture, and it was different US tech).  I go back to the MFM tomorrow for another growth scan and also umbilical cord blood flow measurement.  This is a bummer.  The measurements from the MFM the last time I went weren't with good scans and the Dr. had to redo some of them.  I hope this scan goes well.  I just want to go back to the tech that...
drive-by update -OB appt. with growth scan showed same weight for Baby A as 2 weeks ago, making them now 17% discordant.  The US tech said it was the abdomen measurement.  I didn't think it was a very clear picture when she did the abdomen...  At any rate, I will doing another growth scan at the MFM and checking umbilical cord blood flow to check the ratio between systolic and diastolic.  If it's found that blood flow during the resting part of the heartbeat is...
cananny -your boys are SOOOOOO adorable!  Are "Thing 2" and "Thing 3" identical?
carmen -so happy that you are happy with your birth experience!  It's a wonderful story!   sphinxy -I have my labor dress packed (hate the design of the hospital gown!), several chapsticks, my doula has honey sticks packed, I plan on sneaking in snacks "for DSp", camera batteries, I have a spa music CD and CD player, nursing pillow, my doula has long fabric for rebozzo soothing techniques or I would have packed my woven wrap, my tablet computer, clothes to go home in...
Quick drive-by post:  I now have a doula!  She agreed to a lower fee.  We met yesterday and went over labor/birth preferences.  She seems like such a great match for us!  She just had a homebirth herself, 4 weeks ago.  Things have just been going so smoothly lately and have taken turns for the better, it has me worried a bit that it's all going to come crashing down....
such cute pics erin!   answer to a QOTD a little bit back about sillyness...  this morning DD randomly started talking about Halloween.  She said she was going to be "a cracker."  When I asked her about it, she said "A cheese cracker cuz I love them so much!  And it's going to be made out of cheese crackers so when I get home, I can eat it!  Cheese crackers are my favorite!"  I just found that to be so cute, lol!   Lately, I've been really surprised by DD and how...
carmen! How exciting! Congrats! mrs^2 - our were 15% two weeks ago after being right with each other the whole time. They have evened out though. Hopefully it was just bad measurements. I think that is what it was for us too because A's belly was very hard to get a good scana last time. This time his head was so hard to get a good scan of since he's so low, but the US tech kept trying and the OB is really confident in this scan and not the last one we had. Hope you can go...
Great news at the OB yesterday! After both passed their biophysical profiles with 8 out of 8, and their growth scans showed that they are within 3 oz. of each other now, 6% rather than 15% as before, my OB said she found literature to back up that 38 weeks was recommended for mono/di concordant twins! I am so happy. It was the best news ever! I am just hoping they continue to growth with each other! yelena -You're getting so close! Exciting!