or Connect

Posts by esenbee2

carmen -good luck today if you stayed on the schedule!  hope your induction goes smoothly!   mrs^2 -we also have to custom fit a standard size crib sheet to the cribs we chose!  we got the mini crib size that turns into a twin bed later, rather than full size crib that turns into a full bed.  and of course the crib sheets out there that fit a mini crib don't have any patterns at all, so we picked a regular set we liked.  My mom is helping me with the sewing though!...
mrs^2 -I too hear all the time that my belly is small for 2.  It makes me very upset because I am also worried that they aren't going to a good weight.  I also hear all the time that the babies are going to be small.  It's kind of saying, 'You aren't doing what you are supposed to get these babies to a good weight.'  I know that isn't what they are saying, that it is just the typical idea that twins are small, twins are premature, it's a given that twins go in the NICU,...
QOTW -Before DSp came out to me as trans/genderqueer, I was all for being the NGP for the next one. I really wanted her to be able to experience it. But when I mentioned it one time, she was so very disinterested (now I know why!). Now that we have settled into our roles in our relationship, I have realized that I am quite happy that I won't have to share the child-bearing. I'm sure I would have okay with it if DSp wanted to, and maybe it's a little selfish of me to not...
31 Weeks today -two boys
My new OB mentioned the new recommendation of 36 weeks by the ACOG or whatever, but said she had a hard time with it. DSp is always talking about c-section and early babies and what is for sure going to happen, just because that is what happens with twins..
erin -I have heard some good things in online reviews about Lansinoh Momma bottles, Comotomo bottles, Medela Calma bottles, Avent (Philip) Natural nipple bottles, and Playtex Drop-Ins.  But then there are also reviews out there from mom's who hated those.  The best thing I read was to try out a few to see what works best for the baby, since all babies have a different latch/feeding pattern.  These were all on a list of best bottles for breastfeeding babies with shape of...
Met my new OB on Monday.  She was super flexible and wanted to make sure we had all the information we needed to make the decisions ourselves.  This is quite a relief and something I was so scared of by needing to go to an OB.  Now, the only thing I worry about is how DSp will feel about the information.  He has always been like, "Oh, the doctor says this could happen, or we should probably do this?  Then absolutely we should do this."  Nothing about weighing this risk...
erin -I too would worry more about bottle preference.  Happened with DD and she didn't get a bottle til about 8 weeks.  She got so lazy with the ONE bottle a day and started drinking less at the breast, that my supply went down, even with me pumping after every feeding.  I hear that kind of experience isn't common and I have no idea about other factors that could have played a part, if any, but it could happen.  DD and I only lasted 3 short months of BFing :(
carmen  -sounds rough!  I have been doing all kinds of research on inductions vs. spontaneous labor and the outcome of the baby, but haven't found a study that was set up in the way that would tell me what I want to know...  I am facing induction at 36 weeks and I am so worried about their development/maturity.  My new OB is too.  I was induced with DD and the whole experience was horrible for me...     soto -fraternal twins always have 2 placentas.  So, if there is...
Congrats outdoorsy!  I had a long day of pitocin contractions with DD's induction.  14 hours.  My body couldn't relax.  After I got an epidural, dilation went from .5 to 9.5 in the matter of 30 minutes.  I felt horrible, but if I didn't do the epidural, it would have turned into a C-section.  So glad everything went okay with you!   AFM -I have been having growth scans every 2 weeks :( because of "standard care" for my type of twins.  Baby A is now mildly discordant...