or Connect

Posts by esenbee2

Question -with twins that share a placenta (monochorionic), does the cord stop pulsating for the first one born?  I would like to for Baby A to have delayed clamping, but am unsure about how long, until I feel the urge to push again?  I have tried to research on Google, but haven't found much info.  Thanks!
Bedtime is going great! Still working beautifully. A lot of times she goes right to sleep. It's quite relaxing to not have all the requests and whining. AOTD -it was raining and didn't let up til about 7 put a damper on everything. But I did get a lot of tidying up done. We will go to lake about an hour away and stay the weekend. (We dont camp out anymore because the family now has two trailers on property there. It has gotten very lame recently.) For 4th of July, the...
granite -we've had both our names picked out since about 21 weeks (and one of them picked out for about 3 years now!)...   mrs^2 -I have used isa's line to my mother before.  I have the memory burned in my mind and about every month or so it runs across my mind whenever I am driving in the same spot where I said it to her on the phone.  When I remember the conversation my blood starts boiling.....  When I was deciding on what to name DD, the name I chose, my mother...
Congrats erin! Glad everyone is okay!
drive-by update....  28.4 weeks...  the times I have to get up in the middle of the night to pee has increased to 3....  so f*ing exhausting.....    at our last ultrasound at 27.5, one of the boy's head was measuring 29 weeks.  They each gained 1 lb. in the 1.5 weeks since our last ultrasound.  I was so worried that they weren't growing enough because I was stuck at the same weight from week 16 til week 26....  I gained 2 more lbs. from 26 to 27.5 though!  Both of the...
Congrats pokey! So happy your birth was what you wanted. He looks so tiny in that seat! Really cool choice for a middle name
coco -she is absolutely beautiful!  So happy that she is healthy!    YAY for the striking down of DOMA!
escher, it's still going okay. We had a few nights of needing paper to draw pictures or wanting to show us her art work, but generally it has went smoothly
granite- the medicine is nifedipine, with the lowest, most spaced dose.  It is a type of calcium blocker (which can only help if I have developing Postpartum Cardiomalopathy (my mother has cardiomalopathy (on her third pacemaker now) and her sister, so I am always thinking about it, especially when I am out of breath).  It is a Class C drug, which I am a little uncomfortable with, but the benefits outweigh the risks, and I'm only on it for a total of 3 weeks, but I am...
AOTD -we were very careful to be home during naps.  She took long naps and it was the only way for her to feel/act good in the evening.  If we were out and about, she did not nap very well and it was challenging evening.  We eventually started going out during the day on the weekends when she was with us all day instead of with my mother throughout the week.  But she was older, like 3 1/2 and down to a medium length afternoon nap.  This led to her being impossible to...