or Connect

Posts by sunmountain

just happen to stop by today, haven't been to Mothering in a long time, and found this thread. I actually worked to get our Montessori school it's charter, and as a result, all of our children were grandfathered in (no lottery for founding families). Our school does the required testing, but personally I don't think standardized tests are bad, I think they way public schools prep the kids is not always ideal, and the fact that many are cutting art and phys ed to do so...
Quote: Originally Posted by kldliam how ironic. I might just as easily add too, watch what you say to me, religion offends me, no matter what division you are in! You are not the only one who has been hurt here my friend. Everyday I am hurt & offended by religion. But that is another thread I suspect. glad you are happy. but you cannot move away from that which you are connected to. In this case it's religion. Most excellent. Please...
Quote: Originally Posted by the_queen Oh, and the same sister, received as a "baby present" a twin-pack of bottles. Except the plastic wrap was off the box. And one of the bottles had been used. Apparently the gift-giver didn't have any clean bottles for her 2 yr old that morning, so gave him his CORDIAL (sugary fruit drink - do you have that in US?) in one of these bottles, then washed it out and put it back in the packet for my sis. When she was...
I dealt with PPD with all four of my pregnancies. I didn't have PTSD, but was simply a useless ball on the couch for many weeks (ok, not totally useless, I did nurse and feed the other kids). However, reading your story brought it all back. I just wanted you to know I was reading. I can't totally understand what you are going through, but as a mom of four myself, I know the added stresses that come with having that many kids to take care of. Juggling it all seems...
I'm bumping this because this is absolutely for real and unless you want a North American Union, things like this need to be stopped. If we do nothing, might as well throw away the Constitution as we know it: http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=14965 President Bush intends to abrogate U.S. sovereignty to the North American Union, a new economic and political entity which the President is quietly forming, much as the European Union has formed. The blueprint...
yes, I am very curious as to the direct causes of Homebirth Eye Trauma and Retardation : however I will take exception to the whole cloth=no rash vs. disposables=rash argument. I found it held no water (ha!) after doing cloth with two of my kids and sposies with the other two. I'm pretty sure it has more to do with how often you change their bums
Quote: Originally Posted by Wittyone True! And will I ever enjoy it when it comes!!! Call it a lack of compassion, I just have very little patience for those complaining of missing some sleep for a night or two I suppose if I just put him in a crib in his own room and closed the door and not come back until the morning (as the ILs advise I guess I wouldn't be missing sleep anymore, huh? No, I'd just be missing my heart Well, isn't...
All four of my kids had the cord wrapped around their necks. the midwife never made a big deal about it, so I am always surprised at the EMERGENCY attitude surround this. Jessica, until my dd weaned at 3yo, I hadn't had a full night's sleep in 10 years. *happy sigh* I'm feeling much better now. C'mon you have a whole LIFETIME to sleep lmao! I'm really getting tired of the "wow how do you do it with four?!" comments. Usually this comes from someone with one. My...
Quote: Originally Posted by louloubean one friend (yes, still, he was TRYING to be funny) said upon hearing i was prego: "didn't i tell you puppies were easier" I'd like to chime in here for a moment and suggest that puppies are NOT easier than children. They "leave the house" sooner, but easier? gah.
Quote: you've got to be kidding me! if someone kicked my kid, you better bet i would be doing something physical to them! That's not what I said. I emphasized KID as opposed to DOG, I was talking about the woman who the OP kicked. I stand by my statement that if I witness someone kicking their own kid (ETA at least in the manner described in the OP), I would not assault them. There are better ways to deal with that situation, and if you are the...