or Connect

Posts by hlkm2e

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Zucchin...ns/Detail.aspx I haven't had anyone not love this recipe. It is super forgiving. I have substituted all the grains, more yogurt for applesauce, everything. I have used every flavor of yogurt in my fridge to get rid of it. Added more honey, less sugar, it just tastes good no matter what.
I have 4 children, also. I have a laundry chute, but the grown-ups clothes are usually the only clothes in it. For the most part, I change all the kids on the first floor, after breakfast, and then their clothes go straight into the laundry room. The pajamas are also on the first floor, so at night, the daytime clothes go straight to the laundry room. The laundry room has 4 baskets, whites, lights, towels/linens, and darks. I wash 2 times a week, one load of each,...
I can see to the back of both of my freezers! It will be so nice to reorganize them and clean them up so that I can use them more efficiently. We are down to about 6 packages of meat. Now I need to sit down and really think about what we use, then place an order with the local farm for the next few months supply.
Thank you, those are great tips!
I have 4 young kids, so I know how much laundry there is to do. I have my laundry down to a science finally. I do laundry only on Monday and Friday. I start it the moment I come downstairs and I am usually done before I start dinner. I usually do 4 loads. 1 each of towels/linens/bibs, lights, darks, and whites. I have a basket for each of the colors that I sort into each day as the clothes come down the laundry chute. I try to keep track of things that need...
As sad as it is, I think we are finished with this phase of our life. We have 4 sweet kids and they came in 4 short years! Now it is time to begin to purge the baby stuff as they grow out of it. Is anyone else at this point in their lives? Wanna purge together? So far this weekend I've purged -bag full of 0-6 socks, booties, and soft shoes -bag full of bibs -all outgrown clothes -baby naming books -pregnancy books -random other parenting books Now...
I'm having a bunch of friends and kids over tomorrow since it is MLK day and nobody has to work. I am making a huge pot of chicken noodle soup, all from the pantry/freezer. Since there are lots of little kids, I'm putting orzo in for the noodles (it fits on the spoon better, less mess.) Plus, I don't have egg noodles in the cupboard right now and I do have orzo. Another mom is bringing cheese and lunchmeat. I have bread in the freezer, plus I just threw on a batch of...
We have been doing pretty well eating out of the pantry. I did go to the store for fruits and veggies, but that was about it. I roasted a chicken the other night and used the broth and stuff to make soup today. Since it was -10 this morning when we woke up and about 3* now, i think it will be perfect for dinner. I'm going to make some homemade yeast rolls to go with it. I have some random half packages of egg noodles in my pantry to use in the soup.
I've been searching for this thread! I've been doing my own pantry/freezer challenge for a couple weeks now. I was overflowing with food and I really need to pare down and get it a little more organized. This week we had steaks from last years beef we bought. I defrosted the last 2 packs and we ate them with my IL's. This week from the freezer we have had/are having, pork chops, chicken parmesan, and asian salmon. I also have a ton of potatoes and more keep...
I need to reread this thread and get more involved. My cooking has been almost non-existant lately. Any good tips for keeping with it? I get so overwhelmed with everything else, that I let cooking slide and it is one thing I really enjoy. It just takes time and I don't have a lot of that.