or Connect

Posts by hlkm2e

We have lots of laundry here, also. On mondays, I do about 4 loads of laundry. Towels (bibs, dishtowels, blankets, swaddlers, etc.), whites, lights and darks. My 2 year old puts away the bibs and dishtowels and kitchen rags. I made the drawers for these in the kitchen at his level so that he could do this. When all the laundry is finish and folded, I cart it upstairs. After baths, my 4 year old puts her clothes in her drawers herself. She also puts the...
My friend has an upstairs laundry room and she hates it. She put it in because all of their bedrooms are upstairs. But since they spend most of their day downstairs, she is always having to run upstairs to switch over the laundry. I recommend putting the machines wherever you spend the greatest part of your day.
I've heard talk about freezing food in canning jars that are made for freezing. My question is, does it need to be filled all the way to the top to prevent freezer burn from the air? What if you only have 1/2 a can worth of the item?
#3 and #4 I agree having them after singletons has made it a little easier. I know what not to worry and stress about. It is hard to take care of everyone's needs, but at least I don't have the stressing about what is normal or not. Although these are likely our last children, I can't help thinking a couple more kids one at a time would be a piece of cake, LOL
I wanted to add something One thing that has really helped me is to involve my kids in the housework. That is our together time. If they want to play, they can go play, but I probably won't be playing with them. We have fun together and do lots of stuff together, but I don't spend my days entertaining them. We do the laundry together and sing songs while we do it. Between the 2 of them, they can turn over the laundry, reload it, clean the lint trap, bring me a...
Quote: Originally Posted by BlessedOne 1) Getting the clothes put up after they are washed. 2) crumb/food plagued floors (another huge pet peeve). 3) writing all over......which would be remedied by writing untisels leaving (dh suggests) but easiser said than done 4)toy mess (can be remedied) 5) other general mess........(such as kids getting into our stuff) 6) children getting out their clothes from the drawers and throwing them on the...
I love this recipe. Actually, I am eating it right now as I post! http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci...170097,00.html
I have lots of veggies from my farm share and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I was hoping someone could help me think of some good ideas for meals until next Tuesday, not counting tonight which I already have going. Soup or other meal ideas to freeze are good, too. And ideas for freezing any produce, but not canning. So, 5 dinners, 6 lunches and breakfasts to try to use it up or freeze it before our next delivery. Here's what I have. 3 peppers, red,orange...
We love ours. They are really leak proof if you put them together carefully. Both of my older kids take theirs to bed with them with water in them and I haven't had any leaks. They come apart into lots of pieces to clean well. The stopper comes apart into 2 pieces and the lid also seperates into 2 pieces. It took me a couple of washings before I figured that out. We reuse ours all day long. So, if I change from one beverage to another, I make sure to...
Yesterday I did a ton of food prep from the pantry and freezer. I browned up 3lbs of ground beef on the stove top and seperated it into 5 - 2 cup portions. I put 3 whole split chicken breast/backs into the crockpot, cooked all day, deboned and got 5 -2cup portions. I put the broth in the fridge overnight and will skim the yuck off the top later today I also baked blueberry mini muffins and cornbread mini muffins for the freezer. I'll make chicken noodle soup...